If you like any form of rock, you need to hear Oceansize
Dec 14, 2008 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
I know thats a strong statement, but I really believe their music would appeal to anyone who likes...well, quality.

Im pretty well versed in music and the fact that I only first heard of these guys about two weeks ago is not only a shame, but its indicative of exactly how lousy and ineffective the current music industry really is.

For lovers of Porcupine Tree, Dredg and even TOOL-Oceansize makes very accessible yet complex and creative alt./prog-rock that obviously is not getting the exposure it/they deserve.

Highly recommended.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 19
All three of their albums are great, but I think they really go somewhere with the first three or four tracks off their latest album, "Frames." Unfortunately, I don't think they have any US distribution for 'Frames' so it's pretty expensive to import here. Worth every penny, imo, however.

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 19
Ah, another Oceansize convert! You're welcome
wink.gif

Oh, and if you haven't picked up Frames yet, do so NOW. Everybody Into Position is, I think, their "worst". Meaning its still great, but not as good as Effloresce or Frames.

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, another Oceansize convert! You're welcome
wink.gif

Oh, and if you haven't picked up Frames yet, do so NOW. Everybody Into Position is, I think, their "worst". Meaning its still great, but not as good as Effloresce or Frames.

Well then I have great things to look forward to, b/c I only have Everybody into Position.

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and if you haven't picked up Frames yet, do so NOW.

I'll give it a try... BTW, nice avatar.
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #12 of 19
necro-bump for an AWESOME band.

Their latest release:  Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up.

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #14 of 19
I saw them live a couple of weeks ago. They played their best tracks IMO, but the detail was lost in the noise and poor acoustics of the venue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back