If you have the dreadful Sony MDR-V600 I have a suggestion for you
Feb 19, 2005 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wali

1000+ Head-Fier
Replace its cable with a well shielded DIY cable and terminate it with a nice mini or 1.4" connector.

I had an MDR V600 which I had received as a gift long time ago. This morning I was kind of bored so I replaced it's cable with a 6' CAt5 cable... Now you expect me to tell you that "everything changed", I won't say that, but I'd suggest that if you have a MDR-V600 replace its cable or give it to a friend who is good with soldering.

It took me 15 minutes from start to finish… When I give them to my brother to listen he said “they sound like Sony V6”
eek.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 4
for me i have broken down my headphones as following..
sony v600 for travel/potential for abuse situations(ie little house guests),and for portable dvd use...v600 are east to drive and do a very good job with movies
akg501-my overall workhorse..
rs-1-when i want to jam and chill

Feb 19, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Heh, I would try that out, but there are a couple things stopping me from doing that.

1.) I gave them to my brother for christmas so they are no longer mine. He thinks they are the greatest things ever. I've tried telling him otherwise and let him listen to better headphones, but he doesn't care.

2.) I couldn't stand to wear them for more than an hour anyway.

Besides, I have my HD570, HD280, and the SR60 (when they freaking get here!) to give me audio pleasure.

Feb 19, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Thats sibbling abuse...

Better idea.... hock em on ebay for $45. Use the $$ for some portapros and pocket the extra $10.

Better idea #2 Hock em on ebay for $45. Kick in an extra ~$10 and get SR60s used.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back