If you have a PPX3- Slam, Then you need to hear a pair of ...
Apr 9, 2006 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
SA5000's!!! After a very long break in period, my SA5000's are smoking everything else that I have in my current stash! The synergy with my Slam is phenomenal. Using a gain tube that is known to have great bass, like the Ken-Rad VT231, together with a nice warm pair of RCA, or Sylvania 5687's, just brings out the best in these very hard to synergize headphones!

So many threads have put down the bass on the 5K's, and rambled on about the overly bright, or harsh highs!

Well all that wasted typing is nonsense in my book!
eek.gif
I find this headphone to be awesome in every aspect, given the equipment that I am using.

If you've ever been disappointed with the 5K before, or just gave up on it, then I suggest you get yourself to your nearest meet, and listen to this baby through some tubes!
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 54
Sony sucks, AKG FTW.
biggrin.gif

Threads like this have me buying the SA5Ks sooner rather than later.

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 54
I know the Sonys are a good metal/rock/thrash can but how do they do on well recorded jazz and classical? Just wondering if these can be my main set of phones.

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I know the Sonys are a good metal/rock/thrash can but how do they do on well recorded jazz and classical? Just wondering if these can be my main set of phones.

Well, I wouldn't consider them as all arounders, as they tend to, like you said, handle the rock and metal stuff very well!

Gonna have to hear from others on different types of music for that answer!
icon10.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Well, I wouldn't consider them as all arounders, as they tend to, like you said, handle the rock and metal stuff very well!

Gonna have to hear from others on different types of music for that answer!
icon10.gif

I kind of figured that but wanted an expert's opinion on it. They are on my must have list though.

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 54
Home -> TV & Home Entertainment -> Accessories -> Headphones and you're THERE!!!

It's a Sony!

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #10 of 54
Oh dear, really I think people should stop to think about what they write on this forum....

Now I'm thinking about getting them (I know I won't but you've put the idea in my head now!!)

Curse you!
biggrin.gif

Are you enjoying them more than you did with the RS-1's?

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67

Suprisingly enough, I actually really liked them with acoustic guitar. The tightness of them was just stonking with it.

They're hardly the world's biggest all-rounders, but the do have a way of pleasently suprising you from time to time when they manage to really nail something you never thought would have been their forte.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Suprisingly enough, I actually really liked them with acoustic guitar. The tightness of them was just stonking with it.

They're hardly the world's biggest all-rounders, but the do have a way of pleasently suprising you from time to time when they manage to really nail something you never thought would have been their forte.

Acoustic guitar eh? You are making this hard for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #13 of 54
If the Sony can has no bass the Ken Rad will certainly put it up a notch.Did you find the can to be too bright to have those tubes in?

Personally a SA5000,325i have been on my list of one day to get headphones.

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #14 of 54
I'm suprised that you haven;t mention the CD3K yet Frank!.....to me the CD3K, 325i and K701 sounds best with the SLAM. The K1000 and HD600 is not bad etiher.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #15 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
I'm suprised that you haven;t mention the CD3K yet Frank!.....to me the CD3K, 325i and K701 sounds best with the SLAM. The K1000 and HD600 is not bad etiher.
eggosmile.gif

I know it Jim!!
tongue.gif

I'ts just that the 5K's are really standing out above all. The CD3K, and 325i/MS-2i are right up there to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back