If you had to get rid of one pair of headphones....
Jun 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xerber

New Head-Fier
We probably all have a pair of headphones in our collection that sees very little use or that we even regret buying. After seeing many 'List you favourite headphones'-threads, I thought it would be interesting to do the exact opposite. So, if you absolutely had to get rid of a single pair of headphones in your collection, which would it be and why?

For me it would be my first gen. Momentum. Although I love the look and feel and I like the sound signature, there is a certain part of the low end that makes me physically uncomfortable. It feels like a pressure on my eardrums and inner ear (sort of like the feeling when scuba diving). Because of that, I hardly ever use them. This is the only pair of headphones (open or closed) that has ever had that effect on me.

So how about you guys? Which pair would you get rid of if you absolutely had to (cheap earbuds, etc. excluded)?

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Jut check my for sale ad :wink: im a fan of the grado house sound and just tried Senns on a whim but they're not doing it for me, I like that more forward, warm sound of a good Grado.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I have an old pair of Bose QuietComfort on ear headphones that I rarely use. They'd be the first to go.

Jun 7, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm guessing my Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros would have to go first, since I have long graduated from that sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back