If you had to choose which would you choose?
Feb 13, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by azesty
rant

Sounds like you are a big fan of the H320, probably fitting considering you own one ...
wink.gif

Anyway, I vote for the iPod. The best UI, hands down - easy to use and kind of fun too. Good SQ through the line out.

Feb 13, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #17 of 20
Ipod-sounds good & easy to use.

Feb 13, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #18 of 20
H320, for everything azesty said, plus you can't forget the video!! And WMA and OGG support. And I think its better looking, but thats just because I've seen way too many iPods around. Think different, I say!
biggrin.gif

Of course, the US version doesn't come with all the nifty accesories...

The only problem I've ever had with my H320's UI is that it doesn't boot up instantly. I have my folder tree set up root\MUSIC\Artist\Album, so browsing music isn't any harder than on the iPod for me, except it takes longer without the nifty wheel.

Oh and I believe that the 4G iPod actually claims and delivers 12 hours of battery life now, which IS decent. And apparently some people prefer its sound. And that whole iTunes thing, which I think is silly.

Did I mention the iRiver is cheaper?

Feb 13, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Sounds like you are a big fan of the H320, probably fitting considering you own one ...
wink.gif

Yes
smily_headphones1.gif
but I thought I would have some fun with the post, hope you enjoyed it
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the iPod has done wonderful things for the dap market, but is now holding it back. iPod has never offered the best out there, iRiver has always been a few steps ahead in features, but iPods marketing strategy has nearly made iPod the word for dap, and this is now holding the market back.

iPods cool factor skews sales towards it that its features and price dont warrant. Hopefully that will correct quickly, better for all of us as the features across the market will improve more quickly. Well not good for the fanboys whose sense of identity comes from a machine designed not even to produce music but reproduce it.

a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back