If you had a time machine
Oct 16, 2008 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
If you had a time machine, would you buy up a bunch of the highly prized tubes and bring them back to the present time for your amp?

Sometimes I think about this. Imagine going back in time and going to a local TV store and buying a bunch of tubes and every tube would be NS (new stock!) and it would probably cost about a nickel per tube. Just imagine getting a Tung Sol tube at a local supermarket for just a few pennies!

Do you ever think about this fantasy?

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 6
No. If I could go back in time...I'd play the lottery or make sound investments. I'd then have the extra cash today to buy nicer tubes (and other things).

I think bringing a shopping cart full of tubes would be a little crowded in the time machine. I'm not sure the size of your imaginary time machine... but my imaginary time machine is kind of like an elevator. I wanted a time machine that was built from a Delorean, but they were all sold out.

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd also make sure to buy up a few nice monoblock setups.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 6
No, if I had a time machine I would have no time buying tubes.
I would spend all my time traveling from the present to the past for investing my money and playing the lottery, then traveling forward to the present for selling out and win the lottery. Then repeat, again and again...

Then after a years time I would retire.

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 6
"If I could go back in time" Besides playing and winning lotto, I would have gone to the original Woodstock instead of being a wimp because it rained. I wouldn't have sold my Rickenbacker 4001, and my Dan Armstrong basses.

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 6
If I had a time machine, I would have stop myself wasting all the money buying and selling the wrong equipments. But then new toys like pico might not be available at that time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back