if you could shop in China for a small DAC or headphones...
May 19, 2016 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

stan2

New Head-Fier
I have a college age exchange kid returning from China in Aug. She's asking what she could bring me back.  I want it to be small and probably not more than $100USD or so.  I'm thinking she (with some help from her dad and from me via email..) might be able to score a nice USB dac or small headphones.  (Not that I don't have a few of each already, but what the heck??!).  

What I have for DACs now are a FiiO E07, an HRT Streamer ll and an older kit usb Monica from DIY Paradise.  I don't think I really need more resolution than I'd get from a 24/96 unit (old ears), but I'm game to try something new as long as she's asking.  I now have some full size and on-ear headphones from Grado, HiFiMan HE-400, VModa and some Yuin IEMs that are ok.  

I suppose a good deal on a reliable SSD would also be worth considering.

Any suggestions about what she might find for me over there and bring back? Or is there not likely to be any real advantage to shopping this stuff in China? I looked at several items on TaoBao and didn't see much price advantage but I'm not sure that's the best place to shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back