If you could see any innovation in headphone listening...
Sep 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hifihedgehog

500+ Head-Fier
I am (hopefully) posting this in the appropriate section of the forum with the purpose of asking this open-ended "what if" question. Many years ago, Sennheiser went out on a whim in the design process and masterfully engineered the very first open(-backed) headphones, an innovative feat for its time. Soon after, other manufacturers followed suit and added other notable innovations, such as noise cancelling, electrostatics, planar-magnetics, angled drivers and so forth to further improve the aural experience for headphone users the world around. The pattern continues.

But what is the next innovation you would like to see in headphones or, better put, what would you like an innovation to do to improve your headphone experience? I know there are some big brains 'round here who can chime in readily and provide good input. What do you guys think?

(By the way, I am not an audio engineer, only someone who has a curious mind and wants to learn from the more experienced users around here. Moderators, if this happens to be in the wrong section of Head-fi, please move this to its proper place. I thought it made the most sense here since it isn't a general question, it has something to do with DIY at least conceptually, and it doesn't need to be cluttering up the headphone topic.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back