If you could only have one pair.
May 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 59
Fostex TH-610. Since getting it, I've sold all my other headphones. It sounds excellent with any genre and with any gear. :) So dynamic and fun yet still reference.

May 24, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #17 of 59
Hey I noticed you the Monolith M1060, Hifiman he-400i, Fostex th-x00, and the Audioquest Nighthawks. It's pretty rare for someone to own all four of the headphones I'm considering purchasing next. Could you do a brief impression and comparison of them? It would be so helpful, thanks!

Not the correct thread for this! Please post that question in the recommendations forum

May 24, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #20 of 59
Hd25 obviously

Built and designed to last a lifetime with unrivalled spares back up and modular construction; you genuinely won't really need to buy another pair of headphones

Sounds very good out of anything and with anything, mobile or home use, with the potential to sound amazing as you improve the source (culminating in Mojo IMO)

A classic, an important part of the history of the headphone and a great purely functional piece of industrial design. Every enthusiast owes It to themselves to own a pair. I'd be happy enough just with these.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #21 of 59
Hey I noticed you the Monolith M1060, Hifiman he-400i, Fostex th-x00, and the Audioquest Nighthawks. It's pretty rare for someone to own all four of the headphones I'm considering purchasing next. Could you do a brief impression and comparison of them? It would be so helpful, thanks!
will answer briefly as possible ,, if you have any more question pm me :)
- M1060 ,, Amazing imaging , deep bass but not to much , perfect details , enough sound stage .
-TH-X00,, Amazing bass and sound stage , enough imaging , lack in details .
-Hifiman he-400i , nice all rounder ,, good imaging , details , sound stage , lack the bass (i will sell it soon ).
-Nighthawks , mediocre headphone , don't recommend unless you will only use your phone to power them ,,
very easy to power ,,and they are the most comfortable headphone i have , it was replaced by my (iSINE10) as portable solution .

May 25, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #25 of 59
It would have to be something for all uses. Portable, desktop use, good sounding in general. Certainly something that can be easily driven
Probably would be koss porta pro.... but due to it's lack of isolation it might not fit all the needs...

May 25, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #26 of 59
Probably something that is portable and can be used at home also. So I guess it would be the Shure SE846.

May 25, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #29 of 59
Do you mean only one pair of full size headphones (but I could have in-ears/ erabuds) or only one set period?

The first one for me is easy, HD600. The second I honestly haven't come close to finding yet because it would need to be easy to drive and offer isolation as well as obviously sounding awesome and I haven't come close to finding that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back