If you could only attend one concert in your life, which one would it be?
Apr 1, 2004 at 10:56 AM Post #16 of 38
it would have to be Chroma Key, on the tour that might happen somewhere later this year.

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #17 of 38
Saw it Beatles at Shea Stadium
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:12 PM Post #18 of 38
funny enough, james brown will be on the blues festival on byron bay this easter and radiohead in a few weeks, and i got tickets to neither.
frown.gif
(both in australia if you didnt know)

Apr 1, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #19 of 38
Nick Drake. Only played a handful of shows during his lifetime had to stop due to crippling shyness. The shows he played were in tiny venues in front of 30-40 people, would have been awesome. Robyn Hitchcock even wrote a song called "I Saw Nick Drake" as he actually got to see one of these shows.

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 38
Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" tour. I saw them on the original DSOTM tour. They were phenominal!
Also, I'd love to have seen Golden Earring in the 70's, and Quicksilver Messinger Service in the late 60's.

cool.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by oosoo
You do know both bands performed live at BAM with the Merce Cunnningham Dance Co. in Fall 2003, yes?

IIRC they played two different nights, performing one-off compositions created specifically for the dance group. So they didn't technically play "together".

For me the top three concerts are (In this order)
1. Porcupine Tree, July 2003
2. King Crimson, July 2001
3. Radiohead, Oct 2003

I would say that Radiohead would come out on TOP of the "have to see" competition because I like their whole recorded output, unlike the other two. Mainly it comes in 3rd because of the HUGE crowd & the fact that I was expecting more from the experience. I.E. I half expected to cry during the "rain down" portion of Paranoid Android, but the huge crowd made it too impersonal.

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #23 of 38
Without a doubt, if I would've just been born a few years earlier...

I would've LOVED to have seen Nirvana on tour after their "Nevermind" album came out...Kurt's always been an icon to me as he's an amazing rock star that was, of course, left-handed like myself and played music that I love to play today.

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #24 of 38
More than one...sorry...
600smile.gif

1] Pink Floyd
2] Metallica
3] Pavarotti in his prime
4] Bob Marley and the wailers
5] Steve Harley - Make me smile
6] Ustad Zakir Hussain and Alla Rakha Duet on the Tabla (Alla Rakha is Zakir's dad and is no more
frown.gif
)

Sheesh....come to think of it there are so many!!
eek.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
More than one...sorry...
600smile.gif

1] Pink Floyd
2] Metallica
3] Pavarotti in his prime
4] Bob Marley and the wailers
5] Steve Harley - Make me smile
6] Ustad Zakir Hussain and Alla Rakha Duet on the Tabla (Alla Rakha is Zakir's dad and is no more
frown.gif
)

Sheesh....come to think of it there are so many!!
eek.gif

You cheated
wink.gif
....... If you could attend only one which would it be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back