If you could have any other job other than your current one......
Jul 28, 2003 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jodokast

500+ Head-Fier
if you could have any other job other than your current one.........what would it be, and why? Also, if you could NOT have any other job.....what would it be and why?

Note: These are questions from Inside the Actor's Studio from Bravo.
wink.gif
Just bored and wondering....

For me, since my current job is a student....if i could have any other job I think it would be a teacher.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

And if I could have any job that I wouldn't want.....it would probably be a "local" politician.

Jul 28, 2003 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 12
If I could have any other job other than my current one..............
I would like to be a helicopter pilot.
Why? It would be much fun and I would have the ability to change where I work to some degree, so that I can live in different parts of the country.

I don't understand the second part of the question.
confused.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 12
Air Force pilot.
cool.gif

Then I would find the hottest "civilian contractor" on the planet and take a shower at her place after playing a game of beach volleyball with the boys while Kenny Loggins played on the boom box......

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 12
I’ve done volunteer work for a museum and it was great. As long as it’s simple stuff with little responsibility and it’s not too crowded, museums have a very pleasant relaxing vibe and people are well behaved. Very enjoyable.

Dec 26, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #7 of 12
Current job: Divorce lawyer, self-employed, winding down.

Dream job: Starter at a nice municipal golf course - you still have power, but not too much responsibility, and the people treat you with respect, unlike a private country club.

Nightmare job: Waiter at an upscale restaurant - terrible hours and too demanding, physically and emotionally, for not enough pay. I’d let some entitled diner have it and be fired within minutes.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #9 of 12
I’ve done volunteer work for a museum and it was great. As long as it’s simple stuff with little responsibility and it’s not too crowded, museums have a very pleasant relaxing vibe and people are well behaved. Very enjoyable.

I also helped at a natural history museum while in school as part of an internship. I totally agree it was very relaxing. The director didn’t really give me a lot to do, when I was finished I gave him all the material that I accomplished and he almost demanded to pay me.

But yes, the people visiting the museum look at it as a privilege to be there, the people who work there are all very easy going. Though that was only the side that I was exposed to? With a museum you would most likely need to be really into what they were doing or it could become boring fast. You would need to be part of whatever goals they had? I could only work for a museum for a month or two?

But that is just me?

Probably my dream job would be a famous painter? Seems they have a ton of freedom to do what they want. Deep down it’s probably based on publicity and talent, how your promoted and how you use your talent. But it would be fun to make these image riddles which folks would find perplexity and beauty in. I’d avoid any strong political messages or statements. Maybe painting landscapes or portraits would be cool?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #10 of 12
Currently a student but a work as a teaching assistant at my university as well as a sessional facilitator delivering 12 week court mandated workshops to men who have been convicted of domestic violence. The job that I really want when this program ends is to work as a parole officer or as a community mental health worker for the Correctional Services Canada.

Job I most would not want to do, probably anything related to financial services, not my thing.

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 12
I’m retired. I was a Library Technician, college graduate, which is like a Librarian minus a four year university bach in some subject or other. I worked as a Library Technician for the National Library & Archives, Canada for 30 years.

Around the age of 50, I realized that I would have preferred teaching. It was too late, being married with children still at home & a mortgage at the time. No complaints, you make choices, you learn to live with them, it becomes a “first things first” journey & you count your blessings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back