If you could choose between the 530's and the PFE's...
Mar 13, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #181 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
STARN06, you're a good writer my, but a better BSer.

A while back, before I realized all this, I read a number of posts you made pertaining to the PFE's and bought a pair. After spending some quality time listening, it was obvious they were nothing close to the great IEM you hyped.

So, I sold them, but continued to follow your posts.

The more I read, the more clear things became. You love to over hype the Phonaks, and attack anybody who disagrees with you (by preferring another brand IEM).

I may have been the first to realize your mission, but not others are taking notice. You seem like a smart guy, just try being sincere

And I also read many of his 'pro' Phonak posts, and I also bought the PFE's and found them to be eveything and even more then what STARN06 has posted about them. I realize not everybody will like them, as we are all different, but these phones are not over hyped, they are truely that good and many here will testify to that fact. Again I realize yourself and others don't/didn't like/enjoy the PFE's, and I am sure more will be to follow, however, many more will come into this and 'hype' them as well, because they fell in love with the incredible clarity...

I am not saying the PFE's are the best, but boy oh boy they make the top tier IEM's sweat.....

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #182 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The IE8 appreciation thread is up, the Westone 3 appreciation thread is up (on the front page, I mean). The Phonak appreciation thread is up. Where's my bloody SE530 appreciation thread? VoLTaG3, can you link me? I want to read it. If it's dead, it oughta be resurrected.

As for this thread... admit it, it's very entertaining.

popcorn.gif

LMAO, look at us chew at the same time.

Lol your not the only ones
popcorn.gif
I admit it it's entertaining. I mean look at the guy who ate the pie....head first.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #183 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I also read many of his 'pro' Phonak posts, and I also bought the PFE's and found them to be eveything and even more then what STARN06 has posted about them. I realize not everybody will like them, as we are all different, but these phones are not over hyped, they are truely that good and many here will testify to that fact. Again I realize yourself and others don't/didn't like/enjoy the PFE's, and I am sure more will be to follow, however, many more will come into this and 'hype' them as well, because they fell in love with the incredible clarity...

I am not saying the PFE's are the best, but boy oh boy they make the top tier IEM's sweat.....

Agreed but don't spoil mighty detective Ghost works...he's not done yet...Anyhow, I agree these phones are amazing...to be ranked over the Er-4p....that's something. To be ranked over the Shure530's in Dfkt Spreadsheet.....and then ranked....right..................under............ .(GOTTA STRECH THIS ONE OUT)........................................the... UE11's. I think it would be agreed upon by many the Phonaks are greatness. Also is has not been out as nearly as long as the Shure's....and look at the Poll results. Amazing, detective Ghost...back to work.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #185 of 207
I'm joining in on the
popcorn.gif
munching, and watch the fable develop before our very eyes.........

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #186 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm joining in on the
popcorn.gif
munching, and watch the fable develop before our very eyes.........

Ya don't say........freaking copycat.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #187 of 207
Let's not forget how raving everybody was about the SA6 until the quality issues developed.. Let's hope that doesn't happen to the PFE's!:O

Edit: Note that dfkt's sheet has the SE530's still at $499! No way that's the price anymore!

Quote:

There's no replacement for the "bassment"

Great sig
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #188 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's not forget how raving everybody was about the SA6 until the quality issues developed.. Let's hope that doesn't happen to the PFE's!:O

Edit: Note that dfkt's sheet has the SE530's still at $499! No way that's the price anymore!

Great sig
biggrin.gif

Indeed.....

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #190 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also this thread needs to die...or not
popcorn.gif

well if it's popular i don't see why it needs to

popcorn.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #193 of 207
Flattery will get you nowhere. But, admitting the overwhelming success enjoyed by the Phonaks so far, at least based on the positive vs. negative feedback on Head-Fi, is all the detective work you need to do. Give it up. Your act is pretty tired, and it's not even that old yet. Sort of a FOTM persona, no? What's next? Forum Surgeon? Forum Lawyer?

Yeah, there's some BS being tossed around, but it's coming from a certain phantom who has an 87 attached to his (or her) name. Boring stuff.

Funny, but on another post today, someone asked for advice on a $250 IEM, and I only mentioned the PFEs as the third choice based on his requirements. So much for your ridiculous assertion that I attack anyone who dares speak up against the PFEs. Check my sig. Obviously, I have a much wider POV on IEMs than you give me credit for.

Here's the link...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...-250-a-414238/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
STARN06, you're a good writer my, but a better BSer.

A while back, before I realized all this, I read a number of posts you made pertaining to the PFE's and bought a pair. After spending some quality time listening, it was obvious they were nothing close to the great IEM you hyped.

So, I sold them, but continued to follow your posts.

The more I read, the more clear things became. You love to over hype the Phonaks, and attack anybody who disagrees with you (by preferring another brand IEM).

I may have been the first to realize your mission, but now others are taking notice. You seem like a smart guy, just try being sincere

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #194 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this thread cannot die. I will not let it die.

THE PHONAK PFE IS BETTER THAN WESTONE 3 AND SENNHEISER IE8 COMBINED!!!!!!!!!

I gotta get me a pair now!!!!!

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #195 of 207
The best music I ever heard didn't come from an earphone. It came from my nanu (grandma) singing to me when I was little. No headphone/earphone/speakers will ever live up to that memory because to me, that singing, that memory, was perfect. To me, this bickering, therefore, seems ludicrous and unsightly, because I firmly believe that no earphone will be perfect.

So let's just quit the bickering before someone's feelings get hurt, okay? These are just headphones/earphones after all. Let's not lose our decency as humans, pointing out mistakes and flaws in logic over earphone arguments. To me, IMO, none of them will be as perfect as a real person singing to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back