If you could choose between the 530's and the PFE's...
Mar 11, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #76 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually seeing a lot of these now days not only on PFE's but all around the forum. Instead, I always give non exaggerated opinions about what I think based on my experience. But, these kind of "attaking" behaviors seems to come mostly from inexperienced head-fiers who have not heard of many other phones and feel protective of their initial investments. Now, there's nothing wrong with participating in threads that they are interested in, but if they are leaving an impression or a statement regarding the product in hand, I would, at least, expect them to have some degree of exposure to the product so that people can really benefit by more informative and educational posts.

Amen. Posts like "these are horrible" are the ones people have a problem with. AFAIK not one person that has been civil about a product while disagreeing with it has been pounced on.

There was a thread where someone preferred the ER4P/S over the PFE. I don't remember that becoming a flame fest.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #77 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad that you made your own choice
beerchug.gif
I have not made my decision yet.I finally narrow down to IE8/Shure 530/PFE, The dilemma for me is PFE +AMP + dedicated cable(mini to mini) is around 200, i could get the other 2 by around 280 at the same time

There is no harm in trying the PFE without an AMp. I use it without an Amp and find it really good.

I ordered the Fiio E5 to see what the fuss was about. I have not felt the need for an Amp.

Phonak has a 14 day return policy you can try it and return it if you don't like it.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #78 of 207
haha...same here...just got my e5 today (because its cheap)..now burning in...the pfe's with grey filters definitely sounds worse with it from hp out without burnin. it should improve though...

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #79 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no harm in trying the PFE without an AMp. I use it without an Amp and find it really good.

I ordered the Fiio E5 to see what the fuss was about. I have not felt the need for an Amp.

Phonak has a 14 day return policy you can try it and return it if you don't like it.

Agreed! They sound very good without an amp. I think the idea that they "need" and amp came about when someone stated they lack bass or maybe that they don't compare to better IEMs. Then someone suggested to amp them before making that judgement at least.

They sound very good unamped. Amped they get better.

The Shures and these both sound good unamped and get better amped.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #80 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha...same here...just got my e5 today (because its cheap)..now burning in...the pfe's with grey filters definitely sounds worse with it from hp out without burnin. it should improve though...

where did you order it from?

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #82 of 207
Quote:

where did you order it from?

dealsexchange, and it took decades!

no not really, but well over a month

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #83 of 207
Quote:

The chief reason for getting an amp was that most daps will struggle to give out sufficent volume with the black filters. Now, these are phones that love to be driven, they can be pushed very hard without suffering distortion like some phones. A more secondary reason was to add more gain to the lower end and beef it up somewhat but personally, I feel I can EQ that out quite well since these are quite malleable in that respect.

Now that I'm back on the grey filters, volume is no longer an issue, though if I go back to black, then no doubt I will be using an amp unless of course I get a better dap and without EU limiters.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #84 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dealsexchange, and it took decades!

no not really, but well over a month

Mine is sitting in packaging for 5 days now and I can't even cancel it...Gah!

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #86 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by communic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The chief reason for getting an amp was that most daps will struggle to give out sufficent volume with the black filters. Now, these are phones that love to be driven, they can be pushed very hard without suffering distortion like some phones. A more secondary reason was to add more gain to the lower end and beef it up somewhat but personally, I feel I can EQ that out quite well since these are quite malleable in that respect.

Now that I'm back on the grey filters, volume is no longer an issue, though if I go back to black, then no doubt I will be using an amp unless of course I get a better dap and without EU limiters.

Good point. I must qualify that I have no need for an Amp with the grey filters.

But I think it is time for this thread to die. The OP already made his choice and I am done bickering..

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #87 of 207
hm...maybe that means i shouldn't have bought the e5

oh well...

haha

<- grey filter user

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #89 of 207
Quote:

I will plunge into it if I am in US. I dun think the shipping fee will be refunded as I am from Canada.

24 shipping fee + 20 custom fee +24 shipping fee(back), that is really equal to half price of PFE
confused_face.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #90 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lost what? you mean the tantrum thing earlier, sorry voltag3 was just trying to make a point but it was clearly lost on the intended recipient, no offence was meant to yourself

None taken!
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back