If you buy a pair of IEMs on Ebay or on a US site that ships to Canada, do you got to pay customs and brokerage?
Nov 14, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 5
depends. I got my triple fis from the states and I paid 0 duty.

although the people who shipped them marked it as a gift and said it was under 40$.

So, it all depends on who ships it
smily_headphones1.gif

sometimes you can just ask.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Fees depends on who you ship with. UPS will eat your a** in brokerage fees. I ordered $40 book over the summer and got hit with a $30 fee. If you're in Canada, always use USPS for cross border shipping. USPS will go to Canada post and brokerage will only be like 5 bucks instead of 75% the value of what you bought. If you must ship UPS use the 2nd day air or similar because those air services don't charge any brokerage. For the amount of brokerage ground shipping charges, you can probably get next day air shipping and still have change
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

For other shippers, I don't know what their policies are but I'd expect similar brokerage fees.

You'd also have to pay GST as well.

Those are all the fees that I'm aware of. I don't know if you also have to pay customs inspection fees?

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 5
UPS is fine, IFF you ship it Express... NOT Ground. FedEx too, ship Express. If shipped Express, the brokerage/handling fee is included, all you pay is tax.

I bought a pair of ~$300 IEM from one of the head-fi sponsors, paid $0 tax because they declared the value low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back