If the best doesnt exist, help me choose a good one upgrading from super.fi 5 pro
Jun 18, 2008 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

soulbadguy

New Head-Fier
Hi
i have been here for quite a while now looking for "the best" headphones.But after weeks of research, well all i can say is that i don't have enough listening experience to clearly choose "the best".I narrowed down my choices to the HD555, HD595 and the DENON 2000. According to posts here, they all are great cans and couldn't go wrong with any of them as my first high quality cans

Coming from the super.fi 5 pro, i was looking for a more bassy(not to much),warmer sound and comfort .The DENON seemed great for that ,until i heard about the poor build quality.The HD555 and HD595 are said to be great as first high end headphones.But i fear a sound too cold...

I'll use the headphones mainly at home (ASUS XONAR D2) or at school on my laptops and may be with a COWON D2 (without amps).

So are all those headphones worthy upgrade from my super.fi 5 ?

initially i was interested in the triple.fi but i read that headphones (at the same price rage) are better than IEM... are those cans better than the triple.fi ?

any others suggestions ? I am mainly into rock,hip-hop and RnB,but i really enjoy discovering music so i listen to pretty much everything.I like details,and sound stage in my sound

thanks and sorry for my english...i am french

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 6
I suggest you the TripleFi... There are only few headphones better than it, that costs more. The cans you quoted (555, 595, D2000) are inferior to TripleFi.

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 6
cans being inferior to iems? hmm... interesting.

I personally would choose D2000 over the other 2 senns... but triple fi? ive never heard it so i cant compare

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cans being inferior to iems? hmm... interesting.

I personally would choose D2000 over the other 2 senns... but triple fi? ive never heard it so i cant compare

Would you recommend the D2000 over the HD600? Or the triple fi over the HD600? Thanks

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 6
I've listened to a triple-fi powered by pico, it sounded glorious, but it is hard to compare it to a full-sized headphone.

Headphones just has a different bass feel (more natural to my ears) as well as airier presentation and bigger soundstage. Because of this, I prefer most quality $200+ headphones to the triple.fi when properly amped.

If you can audition a quality full-sized headphones please do so and see if there are qualities that you like over the sf5pro.

I think the HD595 has less bass than the sf5pro, and I think you can find better headphones for rock, RnB, hiphop.

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 6
The HD555 is not cold at all. I dont think the HD595 is neither. The HD595 are basically the HD555 with better everything and being a HD555 fan for a long time and now owning the HD650 I must say the HD595 should be an increible pair of headphones. That said, apparently the denons are way superior than the HD595 and that is almost a fact. I cant remember a single person here who says the 595 is technically superior. I have heard maybe one or two saying they PREFER the senns but nothjing more.

The denons are preferred by many over the HD650, and that is a lot to say IMHO.

Buy.com has the best deal ever on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back