If its possible to replace the ipod battery...
Jul 20, 2004 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eddycha

New Head-Fier
...then why cant we just increase the mAh of the battery that we replace it with. I read that it is relatively easy to replace the battery, so if you just order one, then fit it urself, with larger capacity.

I saw this done with an Iriver hp-120 where they replaced the internal battery with a larger capacity one and managed 24 hours of playback time out of it.

Looking at the battery specs of an ipod, its only got 850mAh which im sure can be doubled. Might be expensive but im sure theres some nut out there that has an ipod and has tried this?

Surely its just possible too?

Can i have some feedback on this because whether it is possible or not might affect my purchase of a 4G (and my first ipod).

Thanks a lot

Ed

Jul 20, 2004 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 5
well, the 3g ipod stock battery has something like 640mah. And the replacements some of the companies sell have 850mah.(something like that, cant remember) They have yet come out with a bigger one which is what i'm waiting for. But what I think is that the battery is so small that they cant get it any bigger. I dont know much about batteries but I'm sure that the more mah they put into a rechargable battery the bigger the physical size of the battery. I opened up my ipod last time and the battery inside is incredibly small. Smaller than the size of the lcd screen. So yeah, maybe they will be able to get like 1000mah into it so we'll all be better off without having to buy the new ipod.
600smile.gif

Jul 20, 2004 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 5
yes that would be a 850mah replacement which is not that much better than the stock in the ipod.

Jul 20, 2004 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Battery stuff is incredible tech though, and it is getting really cheap. I'm running my mouse off of a couple of 2100mah nimh cells - three years ago they would have cost $90NZD, bu I got them for $14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back