if i want to buy another headphone which is different from what i got now, what will you recommand ??? 200-300 dollars
Sep 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #16 of 37
Definitely look into some brands other than beyerdynamic...

Sennheiser: HD 600
Audio-Technica: AD900, AD2000, ESW9A, M50
Grado: SR225i, RS2i
AKG: K 271, K 702
Denon: D2000, D5000, D7000

I haven't heard most of these, but they've intrigued me at least once in the past. Whatever you do, I recommend you sell all the headphones you don't like or aren't using, determine your new budget, research some of the headphones others are recommending, and get ones that complement your current headphones, so as not to have too many similar-sounding ones.

Once you're done, the most important thing is to remember to slow down, spend time with what you have, and enjoy them!

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 37
SO IS THE HD600 REALLY BETTER THEN THE HD 595 ???

about me just listening to others..
not being able to decided myself...
i have no idea where i can demo any of these headphone localy..
if i can't try them, i can only listen to others..
as i am noob no experiance..
other then listening,,, can only do trial and error..

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #18 of 37
Sennheiser HD600/650
Denon D2000

Yes the 600 is better than the 595s. LEAGUES better. Much smoother overall sound, but still fairly forward of the usual Sennheiser sound. Bass is cleaner, little bit punchier. Much better build quality.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #19 of 37
how does it compare to the hd650??? the hd600

i can see these hd600 and hd650 are 300 ohms.. are they really hard to drive??? will the D10 be enough for them?? or iwill have to get a different AMP???

when i use those i will be at home.. with my computer.. so basily using the forte 7.1 , will i need to use a amp for them ?

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 37
HD600/HD580 (same drivers) > HD595 by a long shot.
HD650 is either a sideways or incremental upgrade; apparently the bass is deeper and the highs are less bright on the 650. I find the 600's a bit smoother, and for me they were a good $100 cheaper.
I'm pretty much new too but of the brands I've tried Sennheiser has impressed me the most.

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A shelf full of mid priced headphones mainly for gaming and movies?

Some people obviously have to find a use for money, what a waste...

thats a little rude. I think regardless of what one wants to listen to, the desire to hear it better shouldnt be looked down on. Ill tell you what, lossless audio for concerts on blu ray sound amazing, are you gonna give me crap for watching NIN live just cause it has video accompanying it?? not to mention alot of games put alot of effort into the sound design and the quality of the samples used, not to even mention movies, go watch pans labyrinth in lossless audio with a set of stax and then repeat with generi-phones and tell me you couldnt hear a difference.

end rant

Sep 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #23 of 37
i was thinking about getting new speakers for gaming.. like the z-5500 from logitech, but where i moved to several months ago will not allow me to have loud speakers eheh
so i went to headphones
and this make me look into headphones which turned out i like alot more then speakers ( for computer)

i bought the 880 and 770 for different gaming.
and i bought the 990 just for finding how it sound different from 770.
i do like listening music on these headphones..
but i always hear people saying the beyerdynamic is not as "SMOOTH" as others like sennheiser..
this makes me wonder

to some people i may have wasted my money on similar headphones
but i am noob, as i said.. trial and error, but for now.. i don't feel regret
as these Beyerdynamic all have their own charastistic.

i do wish i will have enough money for a hd600 in 2 months

i

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats a little rude. I think regardless of what one wants to listen to, the desire to hear it better shouldnt be looked down on. Ill tell you what, lossless audio for concerts on blu ray sound amazing, are you gonna give me crap for watching NIN live just cause it has video accompanying it?? not to mention alot of games put alot of effort into the sound design and the quality of the samples used, not to even mention movies, go watch pans labyrinth in lossless audio with a set of stax and then repeat with generi-phones and tell me you couldnt hear a difference.

end rant

Ok you think me rude. I think it's pointless accumulating high end headphones when the primary use is gaming, and his interest in music is only passing.

Your analogy is a very poor one - I listen to average recordings on my gear, and live stuff, where SQ isn't paramount (not that I can control the qulaity of the original recording anyway).

But my gear will deliver something special too, from good recordings. OP is looking at different flavours of high end phones primarily for gaming, where the differences will be negligible to non existent. Wow, they'll make the soundtrack sound cool. Big deal.

It's his money. But it's still a waste of it.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok you think me rude. I think it's pointless accumulating high end headphones when the primary use is gaming, and his interest in music is only passing.

Your analogy is a very poor one - I listen to average recordings on my gear, and live stuff, where SQ isn't paramount (not that I can control the qulaity of the original recording anyway).

But my gear will deliver something special too, from good recordings. OP is looking at different flavours of high end phones primarily for gaming, where the differences will be negligible to non existent. Wow, they'll make the soundtrack sound cool. Big deal.

It's his money. But it's still a waste of it.

Quoted for truth, honestly.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #26 of 37
When people say one headphone is better than another for movies, gaming, jazz, classical, rock, etc., you have to understand that in the majority of cases, the differences aren't that big at all, and can also be attributed to personal preferences. What is most important is whether you like the sound signature of a particular headphone; these "differences" people talk about are not great enough to warrant the purchase of several not-inexpensive headphones just to fill every niche.

Since you seem to like beyers, here's another option... Sell everything you have, save up some money, and go for a T1.
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #27 of 37
i said different...
i mean different in music...

for gaming.. DT-770 and dt-880 are good enough

and i am thinking about for different music..

some headphones must be better in surtain kind of music right????

this is one of the reason also why i also go get the dt-990
so i can try them out on different music.

it is like different car are good for different things..

( use low end car for example)
withinl the competitior in compact cars
corolla is best mpg family sedan
civic is a sporty sedan with pretty good mpg
mazda3 is a really sport sedan

pretty much like i have all three model of corolla now, they do drive abit different.
(corolla XRS=dt-990pro , corolla LE =dt-880pro ,corolla CE=dt-770pro)
and i want to go for different brand. may want to try out civic =sennheiser /mazda3= grado

just why keep saying i am wasting money ?
who didn't waste money abit when they are noob,
about buying the TOP TOP end beyerdynamic,
atleast onething i learn from here, I may not have anything tghat can drive it well.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #28 of 37
why would u buy the 770, 880 and 990? Sell the 2 u like the least. The one u end up with, u upgrade with a new amp, as u say ur amping isnt good. A sennheiser would be pretty different from a beyer. So would grado. Who told u it was a good idea to buy the dt 770 880 and 990? u dont buy all three and find out that u should keep them, because the 770 is better than the two others for gaming. Why not buy one in their line for music, as they are all quite similar(atleast 880 and 990, only ones ive tried) and then get a real gmaing headphone? I would sell the 2 of the three headphonemodels uve got there, once u decide which one u like the best. Spend the money on a new scource, amp, dac, or an entirely different headphone with a different brand with a different sound signature. Find the headphone brand u think the signature fits the most opposite to the DT XXX u keep and to the music u think the DT XXX is lacking in signature for.

And being a newb, isnt really an excuse. u couldve just posted a thread, saying that u want this kind of headphone(s) for music and then one other for gaming and surround sound. People would tell u that beyers might be good if u like a lot of bass, so use them for electric music, then something from AKG for neutrality, and grado for rock, and sennheiser for classical. Or just something like that. the 880 will be a bit better than the 770 and 990 a bit better than 880, atleast they should be in terms of materials. But still they are only 200 dollars appart, so ur not really getting what u pay for as you dont already have some of it. Say that u got the 880 for 500 bucks, just an example, the 990 is 600 bucks. You really just get an improvement of 100 bucks. But if u got the dt 880 for 500 bucks. And got a HD 650 for 600 bucks, u would get a lot more worth as they clearly are different. But you need an amp, doesnt even sound like you have one..

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #29 of 37
Less brand loyalty lets you try more headphones. Just go out and try a bunch of different ones till you find a set you like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Get headphones you just want to try used so that you don't take the initial depreciation.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #30 of 37
the three Beyerdynamic
i will not sell any of them
as 770( bassy), and 880(not much bass , but really detail) sound so good in different games.
and while some people in here said the dt-990 is abit better then the 880 series in music
i will have to try it first.

what i want is to get another mid priced headphone from different brand>FOR MUSIC,, forget about gaming anymore!!!!! (770,880 for games that's it)
is this that difficult?
so is hd600 harder to drive then the DT-880 ?
what dac/amp should i get to drive them?
currently have a D10/ forte 7.1 for my home use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back