If I liked the fit of the SE530 the best, should I go with the W3 or the IE8?
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i see, so you're the kind of person that is the light canal type, where they only like the outside sealed. As to where the Westone 3 and Se530 seal most of the canal.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. But I own the SE530 also and I like their comfort, but IE8 with silicon tips to me is yet better. The overall seal and isolation from outside noise is only mediocre with the IE8+silicon tips, but to my ears that's fine sound wise because the heavy IE8 bass is slightly domesticated.

Edit: language
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zardos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. But I own the SE530 too and I like their comfort, but IE8 with silicon tips to me is yet better. The overall seal and isolation from outside noise is only mediocre with the IE8+silicon tips, but to my ears that's fine sound wise because the heavy IE8 bass is slightly domesticated.

This is where I am lost. I've always thought that a good seal and isolation were directly related. How can you have one but not the other?

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is where I am lost. I've always thought that a good seal and isolation were directly related. How can you have one but not the other?

They are related!? The more contact the tips to the ear canal have the better the seal and the noise isolation level. Also with SE530 I cannot get 100% seal and not 100% noise isolation. With IE8+silicon tips both seal and isolation are slightly less because there is not that much contact to my ear canals. But that's not a problem to me, primarily it's an advantage, comfort and sound wise, because I don't need a very high isolation level from an IEM.

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it is directly related, If you have less surface contact of the sleeve and the ear canal, have less than good seal, then you get less isolation. What Zardos is saying that, though the Se530 and the Westone 3 seal and isolate more noise and gets a better seal, He/She prefers the fit of the IE8 due to the fact the He/she likes it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back