If I like Westone UM3X...
May 17, 2010 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

numbskull

100+ Head-Fier
... which can should i get? Particularly, i'm looking to the bass department, as i find the bass of UM3X pretty nice, with good impact. So, being like this, it's perfect. Less bass is not good for me.

I will listen at home, with audio-gd sparrow as dac and amp. It can be open or closed design. I don't want to spend more then $350.

I listen to a lot of musical genres, going from classical to metal.

May 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 4
I actually got he K702s about a week ago for home use since I have the 3Xs for portable use. Directly comparing the two, the UM3Xs have more bass although I only have about 5 hrs on the AKGs so I'm betting the bass fills in after a while. However I don't think it's going to greatly close the gap between the UM3X and the K702's bass. 

I would say it's *roughly* got 4/7s the bass the UM3Xs have. Albeit it might depend on what you have amping the phones; I'm only using an ALO Rx. 

May 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 4
Since i am not listening to classical for the most part of time, guess i'm gonna pick something more rock oriented first, then get the AKG later.

Been thinking about getting some Grado (or Alessandro) or Denon AH-D2000. For rock specifically, both will do fine? I am not with the sparrow right now, and i plan to use it ampless for some time, and i think this is not a problem for both. Price, build quality and comfort do count for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back