If I didn't enjoy the HD650 that much, is there a chance I would like the HD600?
Feb 12, 2005 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MKAL

100+ Head-Fier
I didn't like the HD650 that much, thought it was kind of boring. I keep seeing these great deals on the HD600s and was wondering if they would be worth a listen or if I should just forgo them considering I didn't like the HD650 that much. My music preferences are mainly rock, soul and pop. Based on other comments, I'm thinking I should probably stay away from these phones given my tastes.

Feb 12, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 6
Yes yes, with your type of music, you should go for Grado, or Shure for canalphone.

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 6
If you don't like the HD650, don't bother with the HD600... the HD600 and HD580 are very similar, but inferior and (IMHO, admittedly I've only got a few hours of experience with the HD650) even a little more "boring." Like the others said, try Grados.

As for the HD600 deals, I'm of the opinion that the best bargain on the HD600 available is the HD580
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MKAL
I didn't like the HD650 that much, thought it was kind of boring. I keep seeing these great deals on the HD600s and was wondering if they would be worth a listen or if I should just forgo them considering I didn't like the HD650 that much. My music preferences are mainly rock, soul and pop. Based on other comments, I'm thinking I should probably stay away from these phones given my tastes.

If you did not like the hd650 then you will not like the hd600's given your preferences to music and sonic requirements. You may try the grado's but they have limited soundstaging and are not as comfortable as the senns. I don't find the lack of soundstaging a problem. You might want to start at the 225's as I feel this middle of grado pack and you can work yourself from there. You can pick a good conditioned used one for roughly $165. Get yourself some flat pads and hopefully you will like them.

Feb 12, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 6
You might enjoy 600 more if you prefer hard hitting treble ... however, with your musical preference I'd suggest to go the Grado route. Safe bet would be SR225 before spending more on higher end ones, or try sr60/80 with pads of choice if you're not sure you can live for a long time with the supraaural thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back