If anyone is into Zombies this is the book for you!!!!
Aug 10, 2006 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bundee1

Headphoneus Supremus
I just finished reading an advanced copy of WORLD WAR Z by Max Brooks (Mel Brooks kid and author of The Zombie Survival Handbook). I read it in 2 days because I couldn't put it down. Its a novel set up like an oral history of war between humanity and zombies. It tracks the first breakout to the spread of the infection, to the "Great Panic" it caused and finally the War. Damn it was awesome!!! Im sorry Im gushing but it kind of answers a lot of questions the Dead quadrilogy doesn't answer. I kind of hope they make it into a TV series with each episode based on an interview. It comes out next month. I have to give my advanced copy to my girlfriend who is a total horror movie nut.

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 15
I picked up an advance copy of this book on some friends recommendations and it was a great read. Very inovative approach. A movie is rumoured, but I would prefer a faux documentary tv show. A PBS Ken Burns Civil War/baseball style would work great with how this book was organized.

Definitely worth a read for more than just zombie fans. Anyone who likes sci fi or alternative histroy would probably enjoy this. Very well written.

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 15
Damn, this sounds good.

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 15
Yeah that sounds pretty awesome. May have to check it out. I mean who doesnt like zombies for crying out loud...

Aug 10, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 15
Slow Zombies, millions of them and also something called quislings. This guy has a great imagination.

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
and also something called quislings.

they exist, a prominent one is John Murtha.

Aug 11, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #9 of 15
Now should I try to pick up an advanced release or just wait till September? Definately picking this up. I am just about done with the current book I am reading and I have another couple that I could choose from to keep me occupied till September. Thanks for the thread, I would have never come across this otherwise!

BTW:
The original Dawn of the Dead stomps the new version.
1) Blue zombies are the $hit.
2) Nothing beats a VW Scirocco in a mall!

Aug 11, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #10 of 15
How does one aquire an advance copy?

Edit: Other than the 2 copies I see on ebay?

Aug 11, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
How does one aquire an advance copy?

Edit: Other than the 2 copies I see on ebay?

Ebay is how I got mine.

J-

Aug 12, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #12 of 15
You write a nice email to the publisher who in this case is Random House. You can get a lot of free stuff writing to companies. I remember in high school some kids in my dorm got a gallon of pace picante sauce because they wrote a letter gushing about how much they loved that salsa.

In the interest of full disclosure I work in books. I dont have any agenda as Im telling you how to get free copies. Its going to be hard because my friend is having a tough time getting me an extra copy so I dont have to share with my GF. Good Luck and enjoy!

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #13 of 15
Ok I got a free book if anyone wants it. Just pay shipping.

Squeeks getting this one.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #15 of 15
There is also a comic book called MARVEL ZOMBIES where all the heroes turn into zombies and tear each other apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back