If anyone cares, My new KSC 35 are slightly different than my Old KSC 35....
Apr 28, 2003 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
These differences have nothing to do with sound quality (well not right now because I have not A/B'd them yet) but there was one notable difference, which was the gold miniplug. My old one had the silver one and these new ones have gold miniplugs. Another insignificant difference is that there are no R and L indicators on the clips. Also these new KSC 35 did not come in retail packaging.

So what does this mean? Probably nothing. But I am hoping that these differences occurred because Koss just recently manufactured these and that these are not new old stock. One can only hope.....

Apr 28, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 11
My really old 35's had a gold miniplug, my wife's newer 35's a silver one...I have no idea how this compares with the ones just recently puchased. Oh...and both my wife's and my own...have L/R.

Apr 28, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 11
Mine has a gold miniplug, with no l/r indicator, and has a purple "03" sticker on the right phone.

Apr 28, 2003 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 11
Mine just came with gold plugs and no L/R. In fact, it didn't even come with any sort of instruction sheet on how to put them on - I had to first figure out that with each earpiece there's only one way to put them on, hence no instructions and no need for L/R markings.

Apr 28, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #7 of 11
And have any of you tried registering this product on their website? First, there's two products listed: the "KSC -35" and the KSC35". Then, it asks for a serial number, and these things never even shipped in a box. =) But as the L/R thing, I think when you try putting them on it's pretty obvious. =)

Apr 29, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 11
Mine just came today with no L/R indication and a gold miniplug, so I think we're all getting the same deal here. Trying to figure out how to put them on now
tongue.gif

Wow, these things make it feel like you're not even wearing headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #9 of 11
IIRC, Headroom sold the one with the gold miniplug and the silver was sold at other places. I'm not positive that this is exactly the case, but I do know that both were available when the KSC35 was still in production. Mine have the gold plug and were purchased a couple of years ago, but I know that the silvers (probably nickel) were available at the same time.

Apr 29, 2003 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 11
I just got my phones from Koss.com I wondered about the absence of the L/R marking and a user manual but figured since they were NOS they probably would be missing something like a manual.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the purchase. As someone earlier posted, "It's like I'm not even wearing headphones". Great site, first purchase and I'm very happy thanks y'all on the great headsup.

Next purchase should be interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back