IEMs without rechangable filters?
Jan 17, 2010 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rmt5

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anybody could recommend a set of IEMSs that don't require the occasional changing of filters. I know most of the higher-end designs do, and probably for good reason. But I had a set of cx300s at one point, with that metal grill thing that somehow didn't need replacing. I have the er6i right now, and while I love the sound, I find the changing of filters to be a hassle that I'd rather not have (I'm also losing the tiny replacement parts, etc). No real price limit on this. Just the best, most rugged pair available (and I listen to lots of classical music).

Thanks so much!

Jan 17, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 5
While I have not yet had any experience with them, the thinksound Thunder and Rain appear to have metal grills that should not require replacement. I cannot attest to their build quality, though I do have a Thunder on order at the moment. There are currently a couple reviews of said model, one by jdc65, and the other by average_joe, which suggest a bit better than average build quality.

Aaron Fournier of thinksound does claim that their earphones are designed to be rugged, so these may well suit you, and cost ~$45 for the Thunder, or ~$60 for the Rain at Amazon Marketplace.

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 5
Ah, I actually just found another thread that suggested you could reuse the same filter after soaking it in hydrogen peroxide. This seems like a good solution to me, so I am probably all set with my current pair. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back