IEM's with THE MOST bass response
Nov 24, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you care about really GOOD, Skullcandy Ink'd for $9.99.

Seconded! These things have tons of bass and are quite comfortable so long as you use the proper ear-bud of the three sets that come with it. Hold on a sec... I'll go listen to some of my Bass tracks (that's sub-woofer bass, not bass guitar) and see how it sounds, again...

WOO! Yes, these have tons of bass. You can also try kranking JoJo's "Anything" and see a good example of bass on Skullcandy's... or pretty much any Ciara song. And I have the INK'd Smokin Buds.

Only downside to wearing these is that you cannot hear things outside. My parents actually walked in on me while I was listening and looking at risque anime figurines, and said that Paps had been banging on the door and shouting to get my attention. Oops!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #18 of 48
Also the KLipsch Image x10 got a great amount of bass. and the'yre half off on KLipsch's website right now...

Other than that I'd also suggest the Nuforce 7 IEM. They got a pretty outstanding review from Headphone Addict...

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #19 of 48
Nov 24, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by OTSS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SE530's are anything but the best in bass response.

haha wrong. very close to the best. not the biggest bass, no. best, no.

but damn good. have you actually listened?

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 48
what is the best??!?!??!
I think the bass should be audible, tight, and shouldnt be muddy / boomy, and you should definately be able to FEEL it, and also the BASS must not overwhelm everything.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the best??!?!??!
I think the bass should be audible, tight, and shouldnt be muddy / boomy, and you should definately be able to FEEL it, and also the BASS must not overwhelm everything.

good description of exactly what quality bass is. something low end earphones struggle with. i think all in ears struggle with bass really because it needs to be audible but audible bass is called boom, so if it didnt boom how would you hear it? also its almost impossible to feel it, although it is a nice feeling sometimes when your in ears hit a low note and tickles your ears. although too much of this is irritating.

so what is good bass? you explained it very well. but in ears need to be special to produce it.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #23 of 48
You guys need to reread the OP's original request. He asked for massive bass, regardless of distortion.

"Also, I don't care if if the high bass is guna screw up the clarity."

You are raising the ante by talking about the quality of the bass. That is not what he was asking for.

Given that, I agree the SE530 is not what he is looking for. Not by a long shot.

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #24 of 48
On that note I repeat what I said before: Radius Atomic Bass have the most. I do have many of the popular basshead phones - the Super.Fi 5 EB, CX300, Atrio, DT770, HFI-780... the Radius beats them in quantity.

And yes, in my opinion the SE530 neither has overly much bass (a good amount, but no basshead territory), nor really good quality (no real deep sub frequencies).

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And yes, in my opinion the SE530 neither has overly much bass (a good amount, but no basshead territory), nor really good quality (no real deep sub frequencies).

I'm only responding to this to clarify my earlier post. I was not disagreeing with member1982 or jinx20001 regarding the quality of the SE530's bass. But again, that is not what this thread is about.

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #26 of 48
The atrio m5s are RIDICULOUSLY awesome with bass in comparison to the Shures, Cx-300, and ER. They give you head-rattling feeling of a concert, or the floor-shaking feeling of a club.

Nov 24, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #27 of 48
I'm getting the X10's today, so I'm actually looking for something that has more bass than those :p and low'er'-end because I don't have enough $$$ at the moment to buy two high'er'-end IEM's.

Will put up a "about to pull the trigger...." post btw
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #29 of 48
graphCompare.php

Well it looks like the V-Moda's win, because I can't compare them to the Radius Atomic Bass IEM's. They're $15 cheaper as well :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back