IEMs with the best bass for ~$79?
Dec 4, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Insufficient information to process your request.

Session terminated.

??
The title said it all? I am looking for a good pair of IEMs with pretty good bass for around $79.00. And I am not a fan of the Shure IEMs. And just for use with my iPod, no amps being used.

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by djdanp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
??
The title said it all? I am looking for a good pair of IEMs with pretty good bass for around $79.00. And I am not a fan of the Shure IEMs. And just for use with my iPod, no amps being used.

And are you looking for clean(ish), crisp bass (that's still there) or head-pounding, but inevitably muddy bass (at this price point anyway)?

"best bass" is a 100% subjective term. You need to quantify what you want with the types of music you will listen to, what you look for (rumbling bass vs. hard hitting bass, clean sound vs. power, etc.) in bass, and also what you like in the mid/treble range (e.g. Do you even care what the rest of the IEM sounds like? Do you like to hear voices well in your music? Do you like to hear very high notes cleanly? Do you like the rest of the music to be warm or analytical?).

In addition, is comfort important to you? Do you have small ear canals? Do you have large ones? Will you be using this IEM at the gym? In a library? In an office? In your home only? Do you travel a lot?

You don't have to answer all of this, but the more information you give, the easier it makes it for people to help you. Simply saying "I want good IEMs at X price point" is a good way to be either ignored or cause a heated discussion between fans of two opposite yet likely equally good IEMs that will do nothing for your dilemma and probably only confuse you further.

I apologize for getting on your case. Have a nice day.
regular_smile .gif

P.S. Consider the Denon C551/C751 (probably best choice here overall) or Sennheiser CX500/CX95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back