IEM's with recessed mids?
Jan 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just received new Audio Tech ATH-CK7. They aren't hi-end, and they are not deep canal IEMs, but right out of the box they have a very scalloped EQ. Since they are dynamic not armature, I'm gonna let them burn in for a couple of days, hoping to coax some mids out of them -- they are a little harsh right now.

Hey, coolperl, did that happen for your CK7 -- gain some mids after burn in??

Well, for my taste CK7 have wonderful mids, especially upper-mids. Can't remember the sound straight out from the box. But now, compared to Denons C700, they're more forward and definitely not harsh for me. Give them some time, I'm sure they will come up (assuming, you haven't bough some fakes).

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolperl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, for my taste CK7 have wonderful mids, especially upper-mids. Can't remember the sound straight out from the box. But now, compared to Denons C700, they're more forward and definitely not harsh for me. Give them some time, I'm sure they will come up (assuming, you haven't bough some fakes).

OK -- I've got them burning in on some white noise & music mix to loosen them up. I kind of got spoiled by buying the SCL3 on the $60 sale from GuitarCenter, but they were too big for my small ear canals -- I still have the SCL3 sound sig in my head and the CK7 don't compare well right now in the mid warmth arena. I want to decide pretty soon about them because RE2s are on sale at Head-Direct right now!

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't that kind of a...bad...thing?
confused_face_2.gif
tongue_smile.gif

A flat frequency response doesn't always necessarily mean best sound. Some prefer more bass, some like crystal clear highs. Whatever sounds the best to you = winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back