IEM's with price range around 40-60$
Jan 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lukasbayern

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, I have made my search through the forums and I would find useful your recommendations. Except for the sound clarity and the crystal-clear sound I would also especially appreciate a heavy bass. How about the M5? The Hippo VB's are too bassy in expence of overall sound spectrum.
Thanks in advance!!

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Vsonic GR02 BE is great earphone with a v shaped sound sig and excellent bass. Sound stage is a bit narrow but everything is right in front of you. Highs are detailed and crisp and mids are punchy.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 9
Sony MH1C is fantastic and still has a powerful low end, yet not bleeding into the mids or ruining any other part of the spectrum and remaining in a competent balance. Overperforms CRAZY GOOD for its price, clean sounding, great extension both ways (highs extension aren't the most astounding, but it really has enough treble sparkle for good balance and can only be criticized when compared with $100+ earphones. I briefly used the M5 (very briefly, so don't quote me or hold anything against me) but i didn't find the M5 very clean, especially when compared to the MH1C, and the bass on the M5 was too overpowering for my preference. Main message: MH1C will be great for you!

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 9
I've got the 3 mentioned so far and here was my review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/640788/40-iem-battle-royale

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 9
Also, the UE500 is going for cheap now ($30+) and is really quite good (not as good as MH1C, though, I would say). However, the sparkly treble creates the clarity that you would like, and the low end extends well with a clean but plentiful impact, yet still not bleeding into the midrange, which I must note, is slightly recessed, yet still clear and detailed. For me, I would say go for MH1C, but if for some reason you are driven away by the admittedly obnoxious j-cord (which is bad, but the sound is totally worth it), UE500 is a solid runner-up IMHO.

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #9 of 9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MH1c-Headset-SmartKey-Control-for-Xperia-Bulk-Packing-Black-/170876113045?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c9029095

they ship worldwide on these...it's a tad more expensive that the price they normally hover around though ($35). I'm sure you could spare this expense, because they are still definitely worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back