IEMs with minimal sound leakage
Mar 25, 2008 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Viperx116

New Head-Fier
I just realized the sound leakage on the cx300 isn't all that great. I can turn the volume low and still hear it. What are some IEMs that's barely audible to other people?

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs using armature drives would be your best bet. Nobody can hear my UM2 singing even just 30cm away from me in a quiet room.

I have to second that - My UM2's are always in "stealth" mode. You just can't hear them from the outside....

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 10
I think if you can hear your music outside you are probably listening too loudly on your player. I would recommend something what Derek8555, If you can hear all the details of your music you're probably in the right volume.

Derek

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 10
Hmmm... I don't think any of them are J styled, but why?

As you will notice, many IEMs loop around ears when wearing, to minimize cable/microphonic noise, so it would make sense if they have symmetrical cords and to be wore either behind your back and tightened with a slider, or in front of your collar (normal style). I now wear all IEMs or canal phones that way even when they are not designed to do that, because otherwise I cannot hear my music when walking
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back