IEM's with heavy bass and comfort.
Mar 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Diva vocals? I'm afraid that most of my dubstep collection doesn't utilize vocals. One of the few tracks I have that does, Double Face by Milanese (YouTube - Milanese - Double Face (Featuring Kate Kestrel)), sounds really good to me both on the vocals and wobble. The bass is more pronounced than the vocals, but you can still hear the vocals clearly.

In terms of heavy wobble only, Bahl Fwd by Skream (YouTube - DISTANCE & SKREAM-BAHL FWD) sounds really nice as well. You really notice the slight variations in volume and pitch, nothing like the constant drone or buzz you get with lesser earphones. Also, the Turbines do have punch and they punch hard.

I'm curious though, what artists are you listening to that combine dubstep and diva vocals?

Yeah most of my dubstep collection doesn't have vocals. I figured it'd be a good question to ask based on the few tracks that got vocals to see if it's too bassy for the vocals to get drowned out.

How does "In for the kill" sound? YouTube - La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix)

Just saw Skream, Benga, Plastician, Mala, 12th Planet, etc.. these past few days. Intense!

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayxem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah most of my dubstep collection doesn't have vocals. I figured it'd be a good question to ask based on the few tracks that got vocals to see if it's too bassy for the vocals to get drowned out.

How does "In for the kill" sound? YouTube - La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix)

Just saw Skream, Benga, Plastician, Mala, 12th Planet, etc.. these past few days. Intense!

To be honest, I'm hoping that female vocals won't become too popular in dubstep. I understand that some people like it, but I just find the lyrics that are used a lot of the time in electronic music to be incredibly insipid and horribly cheesy. That's one of the things that ultimately killed trance for me. Anyway, enough ranting on my part.

That track you suggested isn't my cup of tea, but the sound quality seems surprisingly good considering it's on youtube. Bass has thump but lacks the usual punch I'm accustomed to with my Turbines, which is probably due to it being streaming audio. It still provides enough thump to sound fun though which is another plus point considering the source. The vocals can be heard clearly even at the part near the end where the song speeds up. They don't disappear behind the bass like you'd expect with lesser bassy earphones. I apologize if my answers are a little vague, but it's kind of tricky to really judge audio quality based on a streaming file.

Haha, damn man. You're lucky. Benga's one of my favourites and I doubt anything more needs to be said about Skream. Mala's got some pretty good stuff as well.

Oh yeah, if you like female vocals with your dubstep, then you might like Various. Some of their tracks have some female vocals and I have to admit some of them are not bad.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #19 of 20
For forward vocals, none better than the SE530.

Mar 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest, I'm hoping that female vocals won't become too popular in dubstep. I understand that some people like it, but I just find the lyrics that are used a lot of the time in electronic music to be incredibly insipid and horribly cheesy. That's one of the things that ultimately killed trance for me. Anyway, enough ranting on my part.

That track you suggested isn't my cup of tea, but the sound quality seems surprisingly good considering it's on youtube. Bass has thump but lacks the usual punch I'm accustomed to with my Turbines, which is probably due to it being streaming audio. It still provides enough thump to sound fun though which is another plus point considering the source. The vocals can be heard clearly even at the part near the end where the song speeds up. They don't disappear behind the bass like you'd expect with lesser bassy earphones. I apologize if my answers are a little vague, but it's kind of tricky to really judge audio quality based on a streaming file.

Haha, damn man. You're lucky. Benga's one of my favourites and I doubt anything more needs to be said about Skream. Mala's got some pretty good stuff as well.

Oh yeah, if you like female vocals with your dubstep, then you might like Various. Some of their tracks have some female vocals and I have to admit some of them are not bad.

Believe me I completely agree with you on the vocals. Even during sets when they throw grime or female vocals it makes me more critical. Like I said before it was just a test to see if the highs would be over powered by the lows on the phones.

I just don't want good lows and not be able to get full spectrum with the pair if lows just over power and wash out the rest.

Just got back from seeing Rusko... SICK.

Thanks for all your input. Sorry would send you a good copy of the song but it was just for reference to see how it'd do with the Turbines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back