Iems with great soundstage?
Apr 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #16 of 42
The IE8's soundstage is not as large as a generic cheapo earphone (provided you are playing a Smyth Realiser A8 generated music file thru it). Point being, soundstage may not be static. I find that some earphone's soundstage improves with different software players.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #17 of 42
EX1000 has the widest soundstage of all iems I've ever heard, including k3003,jh13/16,ie800. But if you want more depth, layers, and enveloping feeling, get a custom. No universal can reproduce the enveloping effect of ciems, not even the k3003 or togo334, although both of them have quite good soundstage.
And the most important thing to sound stage is your player. For instance, I pair of 100 dollar iem on DX100 would have better sound-stage than k3003 on an ipod.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

So, the one I already mentioned like 5 posts ago?  I guess my question was geared toward the guy saying that "you haven't heard any high end IEMs if you think the EX1000 has a big soundstage",  but then he fails to provide any useful information such as which IEMs those might be.

I quickly glazed through the thread but I owned both at the same time and have owned many of the high end universal iems. To my ears, the IE8 has the largest soundstage. The EX1000 is just a small step behind.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

I quickly glazed through the thread but I owned both at the same time and have owned many of the high end universal iems. To my ears, the IE8 has the largest soundstage. The EX1000 is just a small step behind.

I agree.

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #21 of 42
Earsonics SM3/SM64
Biggest and most 3Dish soundstage I ever experienced.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:
 I guess my question was geared toward the guy saying that "you haven't heard any high end IEMs if you think the EX1000 has a big soundstage",  but then he fails to provide any useful information such as which IEMs those might be.

He prefers PM's.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I guess the best answer is: dont get an IEM if you want soundstage.

Just turn up the vol and all problems are solved.

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #24 of 42
Fitear To Go! 334

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:
Earsonics SM3/SM64
Biggest and most 3Dish soundstage I ever experienced.

Quote:
Sm64 dont have a large soundstage

Quote:
Well, if you say so....

Lol!

That exchange reminds me of a joke I heard decades ago. A business man traveled to Tibet to discover the secret to peace and tranquility from a Buddhist monk. The monk told the man the secret was to not argue and be agreeable with people. The man was furious at such simple advice after traveling so far. He scolded the monk and said that his advise was not the secret. The monk calmly replied, “okay, it's not”.

Well, it's funnier in person.

Actually, come to think of it, the funniest part was that it was not that funny, sorry.

With a standard app like Poweramp, I want to say the Ultrasone IQ has a fairly wide soundstage. With an app like Maven 3D player, the Shure E5 is bigger, deeper, and wider than the IQ.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:
Well, if you say so....

No doubt. The SM64 has a very impressive stage. Definitely on a par with full sized cans in the same way as the Flat-4. Some tracks can sound absolutely huge on the SM64

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #29 of 42
SM 64 does not have a very wide and deep sound stage. AKG K3003 and Sony EX1000 blows it out of the water from my own experience. Even Westone 4 has better separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back