IEM's with great bass (alternative to Monster Turbine Pro Copper)
Apr 13, 2012 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

librarian

500+ Head-Fier
I need an alternative to Monster Turbine Pro Copper. I had one, and they were perfect for the job, but they broke (like they allways do) and I can't reach Monsters costumer service...So sadly no more Monsters for me...

I'm looking for a top tier universal. This is going to be my dedicated reggae IEM. I really need lots and lots of big, strong and well controlled bass! I like deep and detailed bass, not boomy bass.

Besides that I'm a great fan of Etymotic ER4S and T1. Though I'm not counting on getting the same level of detail retrieval and transparency as I get with those, I still want them to sound good and natural through all frequenzy ranges. I don't want them to be dark or mellow or laid back in any way. I need details and fast pace.

I recently tried Atrios, but they did not fit the bill. Though bass was very impressive, I could not tolerate the lack of midrange. I was downright bored with these. So I guess anything with a U or V shaped frequenzy response is out of the question. I need the midrange to be very present and alive.

Some time ago I used ESW9 for portable use. I loved the bass on these. And I found them to sound very natural and musical. If there is an IEM with the same sound signature, only brighter and a little more revealing of microdetails, I'd sure like to try these.

I owned Westone 4, but thoguh I liked them a lot, I ended up thinking they were too polite in some way. These IEM's I'm seeking has to be rude. I have considered Westone 3, but I'm not sure bass is enough, and I'm also worried that the midrange is too recessed...

Please recommend me something:)

Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for suggestions. Maybe the IE8 is worth trying out. But I'm a little worried about getting the right fit. Looking at pictures of the Audio Technica, makes me almost sure, that they would be trouble to my ears. I prefer deep insertion like with the ER4. So bullet-shaped and/or not too big housings is best in my ear canals...

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Yes you are right, my ear canals prefer also the bullets or similars but it's hard to find (I don't know any at least)) this desings out of balanced armatures that not give the deeper bass you want. The IE80 are same housing, perhaps the new ones IE800 but will be a lot of money !! with a lot of sound surelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back