IEMs with good cables...
Sep 3, 2009 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ninety

New Head-Fier
Hello

I've had a trawl through the forums, but I can't find an answer to what may seem a strange question, so...

I've had my ATH-CKM50s for about a year now; they sound great and I'm happy with the improvement over my Kramered Marshmallows in that department. However, the AT cable is spoiling things for me - there's a some microphonics, which I could live with, but the sleeving seems to have a strong 'memory' (i.e. if it's been wound up it likes to stay wound up and it's impossible to get back straight again) which doesn't help with it catching on things. Add to this the fact that when the extension's plugged in the heaviest part of the cable (plug/socket) drags around everywhere and bounces and I'm not enjoying them so much anymore, to the point where I've gone back to my JVCs.

My question then, is what IEMs are there out there for around GBP40ish or less that have a good, pliable cable (the FX33s are excellent in this respect)? I like the look of ATH-CKSs, all the Denons in my budget and I'm intrigued by the AKG330s - will any of these fit my wiry bill? Equally any suggestions...

Sep 3, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 9
I believe the coupon code still works. The PL30s have good cables but I think the ones on the PL50s are a little thicker and nicer.

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks Mark - they would be possibles, but they've got the short cable and extension, so they're probably a no go. How do you find your C751s when you've got the extension on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back