IEMs with "Focal" House Sound?
Oct 13, 2022 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

flippant1

100+ Head-Fier
Any thoughts on which IEMs may have that Focal house sound?

I really enjoy listening to mainly Acoustic and Classic rock with Focal gear, IEM Budget - under $1000.(flexible)
My source is an iPhone with iFi Go bar or Dragonfly Red.

I had a collection of IEMS that had several circa 2014- high-end Dunu, as well as Shure 535 and 846. I've been using AirPods as well as the $250 range IEMs from Bose and Sennheiser and have not found during a couple of hours of daily commuting, Your thoughts are appreciated.

Oct 13, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Any thoughts on which IEMs may have that Focal house sound?

I really enjoy listening to mainly Acoustic and Classic rock with Focal gear, IEM Budget - under $1000.(flexible)
My source is an iPhone with iFi Go bar or Dragonfly Red.

I had a collection of IEMS that had several circa 2014- high-end Dunu, as well as Shure 535 and 846. I've been using AirPods as well as the $250 range IEMs from Bose and Sennheiser and have not found during a couple of hours of daily commuting, Your thoughts are appreciated.
I would say that the TRN Kirin is the closest to the Focal house sound that I've heard in an iem so far.

Focal uses a magnesium alloy dome in the driver which reflects a particular sound. Many of the TRN iems use a magnesium alloy shell, while the FR is not similar, it does have a similar tonality / timbre to Focal house sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back