IEM's with external volume control?
Oct 13, 2008 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cipher7

New Head-Fier
Ok, I have had senn cx500 for 2-3 months now and i'm very happy with them coming from stock ipod earbuds. I use an ipod touch 1st gen and anyone that has those, knows that adjusting volume on this device just plain sucks. I don't like scrolling through the sound meter because it is not very accurate everytime I do it and is not particularly good in response, often overshooting or undershooting.

The cx500's external volume control is perfect and I rarely have to adjust volume on the itouch.

So my question is, are there any other good IEM's that allow external volume control? I understand shure has an extra chord you attach between the headphones and the device, but i'd rather not carry yet another peripheral.
Budget is around $200. I still prioritize sound quality, just want to know which ones have this "extra" add on. Don't recommend me poor quality IEM's just because of the fact that they have an external volume control... hehe..

Thanks guys!

Oct 14, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 5
That's ok, I myself don't think there are good IEM's with an external volume control. I do not intend on moving from an ipod touch either because it is most versatile portable device I have ever used.

My problem is not that big of a deal, but just wanted to know if there were high quality headphones with volume control because it would be more convenient (and i'm willing to pay for it). But otherwise, adjusting volume on the ipod isn't too bad.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 5
I hope you've found it? If not you can buy Level Attenuators that plugs in between cables. Also Triple.Fi 10 from UE, and SE530 they both includes it (which are just add ons anyway)

The UE vi range includes controls (but for phones not sure if it works for iPods)

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 5
you could use
vc-20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back