IEM's with bass AND clear/crisp sound?
Jul 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

yahya94

New Head-Fier
Hi so i've had etymotic HF2 for over an year. Im really happy with their clarity and the crisp sound that they produce, but can't  get enough bass, i found the perfect which makes the signature slightly warmer, makes me feel like there is bass, while the clarity remains, but can't get the thump (quantity?).

I've tried the monster beats and they sound absoulte trash other than their bass. Their bass is what im going for but with clarity and high end frequenceies sounding crisp. 

1) How are Monster Turbine to my requirements? Can get them for $50
2) Hippo VB or Qjays?

Any other recommendations are welcomed but within a $200 budget. Thank you.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 29
too much bass is never an issue as  long as its not distorted and taking over mid and high range. Eq can take care if theres too much bass. Are they better than turbine?

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 29

Quote:
They are WAY out of my budget :frowning2: Do u think they can be had for $200 or less refurbished or used? 

I've noticed a couple of westone 3's up on the for sale forum here for 250.00, But I have read really good things about the atrios also

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #10 of 29

Quote:
im digging atrios but, kind of confused on their treble shinyness

The treble wasn't harsh for me, I'm guessing that's what shiny means but I could be wrong. There's a few on the FS section for less then $150 if you want to pull the trigger. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back