IEMS with anti-tangle cable and low sound-leakage
Feb 13, 2012 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lemon2

Head-Fier
Hi,

I have the RE0s, but I am looking for IEMs with an anti-tangle cable and low sound-leakage. I like to listen to my IEMs at high volumes in both quiet and noisy environments without disturbing people closeby.

I don't want the SQ to be significantly worse than the RE0s as that is what I am used to, though I wouldn't mind taking a slight drop in SQ to account for the features I want.

Budget is around £100 ($160)

Thanks.

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 4
You'll generally find that twisted cables tend to be the least tangle-prone, which leaves you with Westones and the MEElectronic A151s. The A151s are way underbudget, but the Westone 2 is over. The Westone 1 fits, but has similar sq to the A151, which goes for almost a third the price.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Unless anyone else has an ideas, I'm going to give the A151s a try as they are cheap enough to buy on a whim like that.

If I am unsatisfied with their SQ I will get the Westone 2. It sounds like I should skip over the Westone 1.

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Unless anyone else has an ideas, I'm going to give the A151s a try as they are cheap enough to buy on a whim like that.

If I am unsatisfied with their SQ I will get the Westone 2. It sounds like I should skip over the Westone 1.

Good choice! I bought them at full MSRP, and I thought they were a fairly good deal at that price, so they're very good for $45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back