IEM's with a budget of £100 - help please?
Aug 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

awaish

New Head-Fier
Hi all

So I've been buying £10-20 IEMs for the past few years, for them all to either break or get lost within a few months.
I want an IEM that would give me a balanced sound, and one that I would want to keep for a long time without having to keep changing the pair.
I was looking at the Sennheiser CX 400, the Klipsch S4i, and the Sony MDRX50 - these are all around the £50 bracket - but as mentioned, the highest I will go is around the £100 if I'm paying for a great pair.

I listen to literally everything. Rock/Jazz/Hip-hop/Dance/R&B/Blues/Easy listening, you name it.
I don't really care too much about aesthetics, just great sound.

All advice is welcomed, thanks!

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 8
stay away from senheiser/bose/sony for maximum bang of buck.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Best bet would be to post the question here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-294-iems-compared-signature-acoustics-elements-c-12-added-08-22-13-p-753

Keep an eye on sites like hotukdeals and ibood (i'd buy one of those daily) as sometimes offers come up on those.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 8
Presentation-wise the SF4 is surprisingly spacious. Though leaning slightly towards a darker tone, the SF is a balanced earphone and carries a moderate amount of air. The soundstage is oblong in shape but at least has good width. Separation is better with the SF4 compared to the older SF3, though the positioning and imaging are less precise. An interesting characteristic of the SF4 is that it is less efficient than the rest of the UE range and can be a touch more difficult to drive. It is still more suitable for low-volume listening than the older SuperFi 5 Pro, however, which struggles to produce fine detail at lower output levels.
65pFOd

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 8
iem-wise , they ain't good bang-for buck

i love hifiman iems , i have bought 5 iems of them

see joker's thread and make up your own mind what you need/what

cheers

Quote:
Why? I thought sennheiser/Sony were good quality? Which headphones would you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back