IEM's under 35$
Feb 26, 2012 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Mi3zu

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some IEM's for under 35$ with shipping included to Europe.
I am listening to rock most of the time (classic, alternative) and blues. I also listen to some electronic music but not so much.
I am not looking for anything that's to bassy.
I saw the Brainwavz beta but I am not sure how they will fit considering the semi-open design or if they leak a lot of sound as well.
I am open to any kind of suggestions as well as long as they fit the criterias.
Oh almost forgot I am using a Sansa Clip+ rockbox'd as the source.
@xinn3r: the M6's look nice but are about 50$

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 13
Check out MEElectronics M6, nice design, zero microphonics, and nice SQ for the price

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 13
Ok, I've done a bit of research and I came up with these 3 options.
1. Brainwavz M1 - Main problem here would be that I can only preorder the M1's and I can't really wait a lot because my current IEM's broke
2. Soundmagic PL30 - These seem nice, and are a bit cheaper at 22$
3. Thermaltake Isurus - Not sure about these they seem a bit FOTM. Good thing would be that they are available in my town so no wait time at all.
Are there any other good rock IEM's at this price-tag? 

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 13
The Dunu DN-12 Trident and Soundmagic E10 are both US$34.50 + free shipping @ mp4nation so that might be another couple of options maybe.. I've never heard either but they both seem to get decent reviews around here..

Dunu DN-12 Trident..  http://mp4nation.net/catalog/dunu-dn12-trident-iem-earphones-p-551.html

Soundmagic E10..  http://mp4nation.net/catalog/soundmagic-e10-iem-earphones-silverblack-p-656.html

Good luck.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 13
I almost went with the Brainwavz Beta (as a bass-enthusiast (ultra-light basshead) EDM and house in particular fan) before upping my budget to uh... 120$ more. Anyways I have no experience with this price range but after quite a bit ('quite' is a very small word compared to the research  I undertook) found them to fit my style the most.

**** The research is still pretty relevant from a month ago

Re-Edit: Aren't the PL30 reeeally old and are more symbolic nowadays (they were one of the first good cheap IEM's)... from what I've heard they can't really stand up to modern competition.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 13
I'm not sure about the Brainwavz Beta they look good and all but they seem to lack a lot of sound with the semi-open design. Can anyone tell me if they leak more than normal IEM's? 
And I'd also use the headphones on the bus everyday so I think I need more isolation.
Sadly, the CKM50's are not available in Europe at least I haven't found them. 
As for the Trident's I really hate the looks the E10's seem decent though together with the E30's but they get worse reviews than the Brainwavz overall. I think I might just wait for the M1's

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #9 of 13
anything sub 40 by soundmagic is worth getting

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Bwavz Beta doesn't hold good on quality checks. Finishing looks rough and glue sticking out of fabric. Though sound is really good for the price with good detailing but they stick too far from the ears and I couldn't get good isolation. Filter on one of the nozzle is sticking out farther comparatively.

I'd say if you like balanced sound then get the Soundmagic E30, though they look cheap on plastic construction but the sound quality is good for the price. Soundstage is impressive too. E10 are more bassy alternative

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
I'm not sure about the Brainwavz Beta they look good and all but they seem to lack a lot of sound with the semi-open design. Can anyone tell me if they leak more than normal IEM's? 
And I'd also use the headphones on the bus everyday so I think I need more isolation.
Sadly, the CKM50's are not available in Europe at least I haven't found them. 
As for the Trident's I really hate the looks the E10's seem decent though together with the E30's but they get worse reviews than the Brainwavz overall. I think I might just wait for the M1's

I own the Brainwavz M1,M2 and M4 and I usually listen to the M1's more than the other 2.. Very good IEM for the price IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back