IEM's under $200
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fuzziekiwi

1000+ Head-Fier
I just received my Westone W20's.

I don't like it's treble all to much. Kind of unnatural sounding. I like it's instrument separation though & soundstage

I'm in search of a new possible replacement for these as I might return them. I have like 6 days to return them. It's a plus if the headphones have a removable cable and they need to be durable. 

I really like a little bit of rolled off, softer treble, warm sounding, and clear mids. My favorite headphones are the Koss Portapros and HD650s.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 8
I say the Shure SE215 or SE215Ltd. would fit your tastes. They're kinda like dark chocolate of the IEM world, with a smooth, rich sound, slightly rolled off treble, decent bass, and a nice midrange that sounds full, lush and warm. They also have a pretty chunky, durable cable (though slightly on the short side), and the cable is removable.

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #4 of 8
Theres also the rha ma750, yamaha eph100, and dunu dn1000
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/rha-ma750-ma750i/#comment-2534
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-1000/

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Went ahead and took the shot with the SE215s. They arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I like them, if not, last purchase are the GR06s..

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 8
Let us know what you think when you get em in!

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 8
  Let us know what you think when you get em in!

At first I was pretty underwhelmed. I thought to myself, I think I'm going to return these. Still not what I like. So I started switching tips. I hoped the longer foam earbuds would make a big difference and they sure did. Pretty good earbuds. My only complaint is a sort of small soundstage and sometimes the treble isn't very natural but it's $99, can't really complain. I like the vocals, they are pretty nice and when people said these were muddy, it isn't really. I was surprised. I wouldn't consider these to be a basshead iem at all.

EDIT: Holy crap nevermind these can be a bassheads IEM. Bass is really there when the song calls for it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #8 of 8
  At first I was pretty underwhelmed. I thought to myself, I think I'm going to return these. Still not what I like. So I started switching tips. I hoped the longer foam earbuds would make a big difference and they sure did. Pretty good earbuds. My only complaint is a sort of small soundstage and sometimes the treble isn't very natural but it's $99, can't really complain. I like the vocals, they are pretty nice and when people said these were muddy, it isn't really. I was surprised. I wouldn't consider these to be a basshead iem at all.

EDIT: Holy crap nevermind these can be a bassheads IEM. Bass is really there when the song calls for it.

Haha. Love the edit. They can be pretty bassy. They are pretty good bang for your buck IEMs. Glad you're enjoying them so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back