IEMs under $100 with good bass
Oct 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Earbuddy

New Head-Fier
Hi I've been reading threads on head fi for a while now, but this is my first post. I'm looking for a pair of IEMs under $100. I'll mostly be listening to classic rock and dubstep so I want some punchy bass without sacrificing overall sound quality. I'd like to keep the price closer to 75 rather than 100 but I'll go to 100 if its worth it.

So far I'm looking at

Velodyne Vpulse - $90
Spider Realvoice with mic - $85
Hippo VB - (can't seem to find a price on these)

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 16
Shure SE-215.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

build quality on monster products are shoddy...

probably need something with more bass for the dubstep
i think the shures are midrange focused?

best bang for your buck i would say are the audio technica cks77- around $50
check them out

do you think the cks77's would be uncomfortable, because of that weird shape they have?

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 16
Thanks for the reply
How do the turbines compare to the vpulses?

I'd say the Vpulse would be better in sub-bass, how much bass do you want?

I also wouldn't worry about Turbines build, I've had mine over a year without any problems. Not to mention the warranty.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 16
Thanks for all the replies.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Velodyne Vpulses, because I've heard a lot of positive things about them and almost nothing negative, but I'm still considering the Turbines.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 16
Hippo VB are purchased through Jaben Audio. But they have a handful of problems and I would stay away from them.

They're renowned for showing up with channel imbalance and because of this and the repetitive issues I've seen disregard them.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 16
I have heard from my friend today that the Senn CX310 Adidas version is really to his liking in bass response. Read some reviews of them on Amazon afterwards, loads of positive reviews and comments. They fit your budget perfectly :) . Wish I had them before I purchased my own share of the ATH-CK10s.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
do you think the cks77's would be uncomfortable, because of that weird shape they have?

they're not over the ear
the tip is the only part that is in contact with the ear so they comfortable, and it doesnt slip out or anything
the weird shape i think increases the air chambers, for the huge dynamic drivers
check out the massive appreciation thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604094/the-ath-cks77-big-roomy-detailed-balanced-n-i-am-not-just-talking-about-the-bass
audio technica just released their successors but they are still pretty new- came out in april this year

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #12 of 16
I'm looking at all the same ones here. Veloodyne, turbine, and the se215. I have read several posts here claiming the vpulse to be significantly better than the turbine, but again that's from what I've read. 

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 16
Just did a lot of research on this very topic. Seems like the CKS77 have that punchy bass you like and for a cheaper price. I just picked up the XB90EX's and those are the reported bass kings without muddy, viewed mids/highs.

I highly recommend the Denon AH-C751's; you can probably get them cheap used. Great build quality and excellent punchy bass.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #14 of 16
I'd say the Hippo VB, I have a pair that was sent to me for review and I'm impressed with how they sound compared to the price which is around $80 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back