IEMS under 100$ to replace Brainwavz M1 - looking for good bass!!
Jul 2, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #16 of 21
Budget under 150 dollars, I can use an arm band even if it's not compact or small,I liked cowon e3 but it's audio output is low..does sansa clip +sounds louder, since its for gym, already loud sound keeps coming from speakers installed in the gym, how about cowon I audio 9 ,there is open box sale..selling for 50 dollars. Sansa clip plus costs almost 70 dollars in india. .

I'm personally not very confident in the Cowon players as I have not tried them myself personally, so I won't recommend them to you. I'm pretty sure other users woudl be able to chip in on this. However, I can vouch for the Clip+ as they're very durable, have a nifty clip that eliminates the need for an armband, and a great amp and dac section.

Thank u so....oo much for helping me. .I have been browsing net for almost a week still could decide. .wether to upgrade earphones or player or both

Well, if you have the cash, it's best to upgrade both. Otherwise if you're having trouble with the sound/user interface of your player, I suggest upgrading that first before moving onto the earphones.

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #17 of 21
Budget under 150 dollars, I can use an arm band even if it's not compact or small,I liked cowon e3 but it's audio output is low..does sansa clip +sounds louder, since its for gym, already loud sound keeps coming from speakers installed in the gym, how about cowon I audio 9 ,there is open box sale..selling for 50 dollars. Sansa clip plus costs almost 70 dollars in india. .

I used to have a Clip+ and loved it. Once you rockboxed Clip+, you have tonnes of settings to achieve the sound signature you like. You should have a look at Xduoo X2. It has got some got some good reviews here and most consider it as a upgrade to clip+. Plus it's available in India (http://www.hifinage.com/) for INR 3245.

I have a Cowon C2. The only thing is I dont  like the default sound signature (Eq OFF) with any of my IEMs. But it comes with loads of great preset Eqs , customizable eqs and DSP settings like BBE, XBass etc. Once you adjust these settings , the sq is excellent. Hope this helps..

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #18 of 21
Thanks a ton hqssui, reviews about xduoo x2 are mixed, I already wasted 10000 inr. On ipod shuffle (3700 ) and cowon e3 (5200 inr) don't want to waste more money,I want to get a tried and tested one. .btw which one would u suggest me to go with cowon c2 or sandisk clip plus (in india selling for 5800 inr) in us it's hardly 40 dollars which comes around 2600 inr, is it still value for money? Can sansa clip plus drive high impedance earphones, since I own sound magic e10s, their impedance is 46 ohm,volume is comparatively low,they were surprisingly sounding excellent in lumia 730(sold out din like Windows) ,but in ipod shuffle and cowon E3 it's volume is very doo low.that I hate both of them now

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #19 of 21
Thanks a ton hqssui, reviews about xduoo x2 are mixed, I already wasted 10000 inr. On ipod shuffle (3700 ) and cowon e3 (5200 inr) don't want to waste more money,I want to get a tried and tested one. .btw which one would u suggest me to go with cowon c2 or sandisk clip plus (in india selling for 5800 inr) in us it's hardly 40 dollars which comes around 2600 inr, is it still value for money? Can sansa clip plus drive high impedance earphones, since I own sound magic e10s, their impedance is 46 ohm,volume is comparatively low,they were surprisingly sounding excellent in lumia 730(sold out din like Windows) ,but in ipod shuffle and cowon E3 it's volume is very doo low.that I hate both of them now

Couple of years ago Clip+ were sold for around INR 3,250. I bought it from here http://www.grabmore.in/products/0619659047931/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip+-4-GB-MP3-Player-Black.html . Never had a SM E10 and so cant comment, but have used Superlux HD668B cans with Clip+ with not much issues. But I think X2 has a powerful amp than clip+.  Maybe more experienced headfiers here can help you with your doubts. Another choice you have is to pair your shuffle with an amp like Fiio E6.

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #20 of 21
X2 as I said Don want to take chance with them..as they are new. ..with very few reviews, it's between cowon I 9 or I 9 + vs sandisk sansa clip plus, or sony also will do..I mostly listen to songs in gym. .so no point in using a amp like folio e6..

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 21
coming back to my initial query (not that I mind the drifting :) )

after some more reading I am now between Brainwavz S5, RHA MA750, Vsonic GR07 BE and Shure SE215.

I would buy the S5 because I already know that I like the Brainwavz sound signature, on the other hand I would like to try something different.
I have read great things about the GR07 BE, but comfort and durability worries me.
Just the opposite as with the SE215 that, even though I have not find too many people in love with their sound, they seem to be really well made.
Maybe the ones that satisfy all the requirements are the MA750... but somehow I am still undecided

Not feeling so convinced about the top-of-my-budget candidates, I took a second look at the cheaper options, and the only one that I am still considering is the TTPOD TE1...

so, bottom line is, I will think it through the weekend :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back