IEM's under $100 (BASS LOVER!!!)
Nov 27, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Durable: UM1, SF5EB
SQ: Not sure, but probably between SF5EB and NE-7
Isolation: UM1, SF5EB
Bass: SF5EB

However, if you are willing to stretch to the SF5EB, you should also consider the FS Atrio M5.

how could you recommend UM1s to a bass lover

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #17 of 20
I've owned the D2 and the sound signature is far from bassy. In fact I felt it was dry. If all you've listened to are the earbuds that come with it, you could eq the hell out of them and still not get decent bass. You may well be a bass lover, but you may not know yet to what degree. I happily listen to reggae and rock with Grados which are considered bass light. Some of the recommendations you've gotten are suitable for bassHEADS (SF5EB).
That being said, I think the Atrio M5 is a good match for the D2. It is, however, over your budget. I normally don't recommend incremental steps when buying headphones but you may be better off getting the Denon c551 and finding out what you like or don't like about its sound signature (which is bassy, but not excessively). If you want to spend a little more, the Denon c751 is also good. I haven't heard the Nuforce NE8 yet, but apparently it also plays in the same league. I've owned both Denons and felt they were a good match for the D2.
The RE-2 are good headphones, but are more analytical and bass light.

Nov 27, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #18 of 20
Yep re-2 are bass light and anyway, on ebay, you could offer best price and get a deal for m5s below 150usd. Please check the atriom5 thread. Many of them bought it for around 130~

Nov 27, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser CX500

Sennheiser is known for thier BASS

Punchy Bass, Clear mids and highs, Good Isolation
built in volume control

only sennheiser CX series is known for bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back