IEM's under $100 (BASS LOVER!!!)
Nov 25, 2008 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

soccer123

New Head-Fier
Hey, I was wondering if someone could steer me towards the best IEMS that are under $100. Looking for something that delivers the best bass and doesn't disappoint in other areas... The type of songs I listen to are reggae, hiphop, trance, and occasionally rock. I heard v-moda models are good but are not that durable, doesn't last long. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me, thanks!!! Also, wat IEMS go well with my COWON d2 which I just bought. Thanks!

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 20
Denon C551, FTW. It depends on how much under $100, of course. But if you're thinking just below $100, I think 551s are a good buy. However, if you can find C751s for a shade over $100 (Amazon might still have them at this price), that's a real bargain.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 20
thanks!!! I've heard great things about both of them. I just bought a cowon D2 and they have EQ settings for bass and stuff, if I buy bass heavy headphones would it satisfy my needs or do I have to set the EQ settings ultra high. Oh ya' sorry to ask but wat IEMS would u suggest with bass and clarity that are under $150 or around that price, just decided to spoil myself I guess. THanks!

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 20
I'm not that crazed about bass, but I just need something that doesn't lack bass... I also want clarity. Is there something that would satisfy my needs, haha... Thanks! So far: Super. Fi 5 EB, Denon C551, and Senn CX500... other suggestions would be great.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 20
I'm not an audiophile freak, but just need something that are definitely better than the stock headphones that came with my COWON d2, which I want hear at its potential. Thanks!!

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 20
Alright, after doing some research and reading the forums I have narrowed down to these headphones: Dennon C551, nuforce ne-7, Westone UM1, and Ultimate Ears 5EB .... From these choices which is the most durable, has the best SQ (balanced mids/highs), isolation, and has quality bass. Thanks!!!

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #9 of 20
Durable: UM1, SF5EB
SQ: Not sure, but probably between SF5EB and NE-7
Isolation: UM1, SF5EB
Bass: SF5EB

However, if you are willing to stretch to the SF5EB, you should also consider the FS Atrio M5.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #11 of 20
Ive had the UE 5ebs for a while. Without any amplification, e.g. powered only by my ipod, sq is great. But with an amp, bass just overpowers the mids and the highs. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 20
Ok I was wanting to ask something in a new thread but I think I will hold off for now and just hi jack this one a little while staying on topic.

Which ones fitting this criteria have replaceable cables for someone who gets internal breaks within 6 months and doesnt want/cant afford full replacements that often.

edit: Oh I forgot to mention I know the super fi does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back