IEM's to compliment the Boobies?
Jun 20, 2007 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

D1g1talV3n0m

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently acquired a Headamp AE-2 and a RSA SR-71 for portable use with the Darth Boobies and my Imod as the Presonus CS was getting a bit annoying taking with me from hotel to hotel.

Anyway now I am trying to decide on some IEM's for a true portable rig when I am on the plane or even walking around town. I'm looking at the Shure E500 as my top choice so far but am open to other options IE Ultimate Ears, Ety's, Westone's and so on.

They are going to be playing all types of music. I basically want something that has great low end punch while being tight and controlled, great mids, and highs that are not bright but detailed and calm (I don't like bright highs as I like a more "Darker" or "Laid back" sound like the Darth Beyer's are. I am sure that the Shure's are probably what people will end up telling me to get but I thought I would see if there is anything else that might help me choose.

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am trying to decide on some IEM's for a true portable rig when I am on the plane or even walking around town.

What's wrong, afraid to take your boobies out in public??
eek.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong, afraid to take your boobies out in public??
eek.gif

Not at all believe me. I've worn them walking through the mall to walking into the gas station after filling up.
basshead.gif
I just am not big on walking around in 97 degree heat with leather padded Boobies on my head. My ears tend to get hot.

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 10
lol It was about 97 today huh. I don't think I'd have the nerve to wear my Darths in public.

I hope you find your IEM, I'm waiting to read more about the Westone 3...another wallet draining thought.

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 10
I love the AE-2, it goes perfectly with my Mylar Threes. The background is so quiet. Alternatively you might go for a pair of Earpiece Livewires, although I haven't tried those yet.

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

lol It was about 97 today huh. I don't think I'd have the nerve to wear my Darths in public.

I hope you find your IEM, I'm waiting to read more about the Westone 3...another wallet draining thought.

It was 97 degrees in Charleston, SC where I was the past week. Made me want some IEM's.

I am just not sure of what IEM's will best suit my needs. That's the reason for the post.

I might just be picking up Snack's Deep Cup Zebra Darth's so the boobies have somebody else to play with though.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by D1g1talV3n0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was 97 degrees in Charleston, SC where I was the past week. Made me want some IEM's.

I am just not sure of what IEM's will best suit my needs. That's the reason for the post.

I might just be picking up Snack's Deep Cup Zebra Darth's so the boobies have somebody else to play with though.
biggrin.gif

Have you ever owned/used IEMs? (just curious)

More Darths are always good
icon10.gif
And what is it with this Darth curse...one is never enough it seems
evil_smiley.gif
Evil I tell ya- E-VIL

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Have you ever owned/used IEMs? (just curious)

More Darths are always good
icon10.gif
And what is it with this Darth curse...one is never enough it seems
evil_smiley.gif
Evil I tell ya- E-VIL

I owned a pair of UE Super-Fi 3's which were not that great to be honest. I hated the super thin cord that loved to become tangled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back