IEMs that will rest flat in the ear.
Jun 2, 2009 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Morph

100+ Head-Fier
As in the title - I am looking for a pair that will guarantee good sound (I hope for something "Super.fi-5-Pro-good"
tongue.gif
), and will not stick out of my ear. In other words - phones in which I can easily sleep on the side.

I'd prefer something on the other side of Triple.fi's - deeper and warmer bass, warmer sound, etc. Maybe Shure, some dynamic IEM's?

Budget - around 80€/100$. Any help appreciated.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 7
westone um1 ?

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 7
Westone series have monitors that are typically very flat against your ears, but in your price range that would only leave you with UM1 as your only choice. It's a decent entry level IEM though from what I hear.

If they don't need to be strictly IEM's, then I'd recommend the Yuin series Earbuds, which would give you access to the wonderful PK3/PK2's. If I need to listen to music as I fall asleep (though it's not often), then it's the PK2's for me.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 7
It's not that I need music to fall asleep, I simply like to "perceive" some albums during early stages of sleep (no matter how strange it may sound to some
wink.gif
). And yes, earbuds are fine. I am somewhat reluctant when I see those Yuins, but one day I must finally try them.

What about OK2? Are those as good as PK2?

So, Yuin PK2, Westone UM1, anything else?

For now I'm flipping my Super.fi's, maybe it will be the solution...

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 7
klipsch series?? Maybe the new S4 which looks designed like the X10. And the X10 is superflat against the head. So maybewait for the S4 to get released???

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Did you switch the L and R cables on your UEs (the so-called "flip-flop mod")? For me, it's almost comfortable enough to sleep on my side. Depending on the shape of your ear, you might find it to be perfect.

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by yumigator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you switch the L and R cables on your UEs (the so-called "flip-flop mod")? For me, it's almost comfortable enough to sleep on my side. Depending on the shape of your ear, you might find it to be perfect.

Yep, exactly. It is flat, but not comfortable for sleeeping, I think I just need good buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back