IEMs that will best fit me for under $25?
Aug 21, 2011 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Markery

New Head-Fier
Okay so I had been using Skullcandy Ink'd for about 2 years or something, went through 3 pairs. And after a pair broke in just a couple months, I got tired of the junky quality and wanted to upgrade just a little bit without getting out of my budget. I got some Meelec M9P's on eBay for like 10 dollars. They were okay but didn't come with all the buds so I had to use Skullcandy buds with them, and they sounded great in some songs, but other it was way worse than my Ink'd. And the vocals were recessed sometimes, and the sounds were sharp and unpleasant sometimes. So after a month they went out, so I wont be buying Skullcandy or Meelec again, and I'm looking for the best headphones for $25 or under. I want durability because the build quality on the Ink'd was horrible and the quality control with the M9P's were not good, because one ear played louder than the other. 

So anyway. From your experience, what's the best in terms of sound quality over all (I can't deal with recessed parts, I want it all leveled good) and durability? I don't care about style at all, btw. Thank you.

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 17
I don't know how much this will help, but I've been told that this pair is great for its price and can compete with headphones above its price range, but I cannot give you more than that.

http://goo.gl/ND7Z1

They're $8.99 on Amazon, and I'm thinking of buying a pair as an emergency backup (I own the Sony MDR-EX600), so I cannot attest to its quality first-hand.

Hopefully this helps.  But you could probably find something better if you're looking to spend $25.

EDIT: I've also heard some good things about this pair: http://goo.gl/IOlxT
I'm no pro though, but this might give you a place to start.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 17
FXC67(Aircushion), HJE240.

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 17
For me, Metro.Fi 220 has stood the test of time quite well, for under $20. Only con is that the paint will scrape off over time.

Quote:
Okay so I had been using Skullcandy Ink'd for about 2 years or something, went through 3 pairs. And after a pair broke in just a couple months, I got tired of the junky quality and wanted to upgrade just a little bit without getting out of my budget. I got some Meelec M9P's on eBay for like 10 dollars. They were okay but didn't come with all the buds so I had to use Skullcandy buds with them, and they sounded great in some songs, but other it was way worse than my Ink'd. And the vocals were recessed sometimes, and the sounds were sharp and unpleasant sometimes. So after a month they went out, so I wont be buying Skullcandy or Meelec again, and I'm looking for the best headphones for $25 or under. I want durability because the build quality on the Ink'd was horrible and the quality control with the M9P's were not good, because one ear played louder than the other. 

So anyway. From your experience, what's the best in terms of sound quality over all (I can't deal with recessed parts, I want it all leveled good) and durability? I don't care about style at all, btw. Thank you.

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 17
Aug 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 17
I'm not sure if they ship overseas though. The deal is certainly working and genuine in Australia.

Quote:
Cheaper than $19.99? Free shipping? Then by all means, they might be a good deal.

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 17
Anyway, I would not recommend the Ultimate Ears Metro Fi's. The UE 500s were the best to start with.

Save your money and get a better one! 
etysmile.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #11 of 17
soundmagic pl-30
sennheiser cx500

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #12 of 17
Honestly, the IEMs from Apple, the ADDIEMs were pretty decent (I preferred them to the re3s) and I'm guessing you can still find them on ebay for about 25-30. There were decent reviews on them here.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 17
I didn't like the addiems that much for metal at least. a bit v shaped

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #14 of 17
Thanks for your advice guys, but I gave in to a $12 special on M9's on NewEgg and got a refund for my broken ones (MobilePC on eBay turned out to be a great seller after all). These have a 1 year warranty and I'll actually get all the buds this time. I was wondering, since I wasn't very impressed with the M9's before, will having correctly sized and branded tips, or buds, or whatever the squishy things you put on the end are called, make a big difference in sound quality?  

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #15 of 17
meelec seems to not cater to sounds outside of house, techno, or electronic. They're headphones (the ones that i've experienced) are so recessed in the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back