IEMs that sound like Sennheiser HD600 (bass/mids/treble)
Apr 15, 2017 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

RamblerBoy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I am searching for IEMs that sound almost like the Sennheiser HD600 in terms of soundsig (bass/mids/treble).
Please recommend me some. My budget is below 1800 USD.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 11
Me neither..but after a bit of searching around i found a few that come somewhat close. Jh 13 fp, senn ie8, senn ie7, senn ie800 and eq-7.
Either the jh 13 fp or noble encore (because everyone claims its better and a step up for jh13). I am trying to decide between these two now.
Would be really helpful if iem experts could chime in too.

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 11
Me neither..but after a bit of searching around i found a few that come somewhat close. Jh 13 fp, senn ie8, senn ie7, senn ie800 and eq-7.
Either the jh 13 fp or noble encore (because everyone claims its better and a step up for jh13). I am trying to decide between these two now.
Would be really helpful if iem experts could chime in too.

I don't know what the Senn IE8 sounds like, but since it's the predecessor of the IE80, I would assume it sounds similar. The IE80 doesn't sound anything like the HD600. Noble K10 Encore doesn't sound like the HD600 either. Have not heard the rest so I can't speak for them but from what I know of the IE800, I don't they would sound similar either. 

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 11
I don't know what the Senn IE8 sounds like, but since it's the predecessor of the IE80, I would assume it sounds similar. The IE80 doesn't sound anything like the HD600. Noble K10 Encore doesn't sound like the HD600 either. Have not heard the rest so I can't speak for them but from what I know of the IE800, I don't they would sound similar either. 
thank you. Do you find the k10e more veiled than hd600 through the mids?
Which one do you feel is better for hard rock/rocknrol? K10e or hd600?
I am looking for something that is as clear as hd600. Se846 sounds too muffled in comparison

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 11
thank you. Do you find the k10e more veiled than hd600 through the mids?
Which one do you feel is better for hard rock/rocknrol? K10e or hd600?
I am looking for something that is as clear as hd600. Se846 sounds too muffled in comparison

Well the K10 Encore doesn't have veiled mids but it's mid's isn't like the HD600 which has a somewhat intimate presentation. The mids on the K10 Encore is very clear with a rather large soundstage, closer to the HD800 rather than the HD600. I don't listen to hard rock so I can't tell you whether it would be better or not.

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 11
Hey guys,
I am searching for IEMs that sound almost like the Sennheiser HD600 in terms of soundsig (bass/mids/treble).
Please recommend me some. My budget is below 1800 USD.

Closest thing is an IEM that can be EQ-d easily to mimic the HD600. I have the ASG-1.3 and out of the box, the graph kinda looks more like the HD650, actual sound more like the HD650 on old pads. I use a low shelf EQ on NeutronMusicPlayer to trim the bass and lower midrange response and bring it closer to the rest of the range (-2dB, 850hz, 1.4).

On Spotify I use Samsung's Adapt Sound - generally very similar result but instead of trimming the bass, it boosts the upper midrange and treble. Not how I'd do it but it's not distorting and it works on Spotify without mucking around with a graphic EQ.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #8 of 11
Well the K10 Encore doesn't have veiled mids but it's mid's isn't like the HD600 which has a somewhat intimate presentation. The mids on the K10 Encore is very clear with a rather large soundstage, closer to the HD800 rather than the HD600. I don't listen to hard rock so I can't tell you whether it would be better or not.
thank you. Did you ever listen to anything (iem) that atleast comes somewhere close to the hd600?

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Closest thing is an IEM that can be EQ-d easily to mimic the HD600. I have the ASG-1.3 and out of the box, the graph kinda looks more like the HD650, actual sound more like the HD650 on old pads. I use a low shelf EQ on NeutronMusicPlayer to trim the bass and lower midrange response and bring it closer to the rest of the range (-2dB, 850hz, 1.4).

On Spotify I use Samsung's Adapt Sound - generally very similar result but instead of trimming the bass, it boosts the upper midrange and treble. Not how I'd do it but it's not distorting and it works on Spotify without mucking around with a graphic EQ.
thank you. I understand that eq-ing is much more efficient and cheaper to attain what i want. But a bit more than that i am actualy excited about purchasing another set of iems..

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #10 of 11
thank you. Did you ever listen to anything (iem) that atleast comes somewhere close to the hd600?

I guess the SE425 is probably the closest (that comes to mind right now) if you bump up the treble with EQ, but without EQ, I can't think of any. 

(SE425 sounds nothing like the SE846 just to be clear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back