IEM's that sound like Overear?
Apr 8, 2019 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JoshG1217

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I have the Amiron Home and Dt 1770. I love them both. Looking for an IEM that sounds just as good in quality. I tried the UE 900s, and it's okay, but the bass was lacking in comparison, and overall the sound is not as full. I also tried nearly every true wireless that Best Buy carries. They were all trash (people have raved about the Jabra 65t or whatever it is, and it sounded like absolute dog crap--like a $20 headphone) except the Bose Sound Sport Free, which actually sounded pretty good, but those were open back. Need isolating or even noise cancelling if possible.

I would sell either the Amiron or the DT 1770 to buy this most likely, so a $400 budget max, but is this even possible? Never been an IEM guy, and don't know how good I can expect it to sound.

Source is Sony ZX300, but getting a Hiby r6 this week.

Thanks

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 4
I wish you could get a listen to an iBasso IT04 or a Campfire Orion. They are both terrific in this general price range IMO. Maybe read about them and see if you think one might potentially be a fit. Maybe a used Noble Sage, even. It is possible one of these could work for you.

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, man. Actually full sound vs a shallow tinny sound? UE 900 had decent mids and highs, but even the snap of the snare was just not as full as my Beyers. Really want full mids and strong bass. I do a strong W on my EQ and typically keep the bass high to maxed. Not boomy, but impactful. Mostly hardcore, and metalcore where strong bass matters.

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the Amiron Home and Dt 1770. I love them both. Looking for an IEM that sounds just as good in quality. I tried the UE 900s, and it's okay, but the bass was lacking in comparison, and overall the sound is not as full. I also tried nearly every true wireless that Best Buy carries. They were all trash (people have raved about the Jabra 65t or whatever it is, and it sounded like absolute dog crap--like a $20 headphone) except the Bose Sound Sport Free, which actually sounded pretty good, but those were open back. Need isolating or even noise cancelling if possible.

I would sell either the Amiron or the DT 1770 to buy this most likely, so a $400 budget max, but is this even possible? Never been an IEM guy, and don't know how good I can expect it to sound.

I have the HD600 with an EQ profile to bridge the gap to the HD650, and an Aurisonics ASG-1.3 with a low shelf trim on everything below 1000hz (curve is somewhat similar to HD650 but worse in that imbalance; great way to still easily hear the bass while flight attendants are serving food though). These are out of production now since they've been bought by Fender, and only the Harmony line was kept on the market as the FXA line and the Rockets now getting sold as a wireless IEM. Maybe look into the FXA2 - that's the Aurisonics Kicker, about as similar to the ASG-1.x but with a peak somewhere in the treble that you can just trim (that said if you use the DT770 that might not necessarily that big of a problem apart from how the IEM bore is jammed inside your ear canal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back