IEM's that are smaller than Shure e2c
Nov 7, 2008 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ad Rock

Head-Fier
So my fiance bought a paid of Shure e2c's to use with her Ipod and I tried them out and they are way to big for my ears. I use the smallest tips and they are still to large, and are very uncomfortable.

I have been looking at either the Sennheiser CX-500/400's or the UE Super.fi 4's and was wondering if anyone has experience with either of these vs. the Shures?

I essentially need a pair of IEM's that has a smaller "post" that actually goes into your ear.

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 13
Jays Q-Jays are pretty small. I use the second smaller tips (XS I think) and they're very comfortable to wear, goes in just deep enough and I love their sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 13
E2c are friggin' huge. Pretty much any universal other than UE universals (not the new Super.fi 5) and Shure SE530 are going to be smaller.

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E2c are friggin' huge. Pretty much any universal other than UE universals (not the new Super.fi 5) and Shure SE530 are going to be smaller.

So say another model of Shure's like the SE-310's would have a smaller plastic peg on them?

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 13
the shures are about twice the size of the er-6i's. I couldn't get the superfis to stay in my ear(they were too big, or funky shaped), so that may not be your best choice either.

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 13
e2c is one of the largest iem (exc. customs), so if size matters to you there are lots of options out there...

E2c..ex700..9850
knightsaq1.jpg

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by knights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e2c is one of the largest iem (exc. customs), so if size matters to you there are lots of options out there...

E2c..ex700..9850
knightsaq1.jpg

I am specifically talking about how large the "post" part is that actually goes into your ear. Or in other words, where the tip is attached to the actual driver, how large in diameter is it.

The e2c's are way too fat/wide and thus hurt my ear canal, so I need to find something with a smaller diameter.

The actual body of the IEM is not that much of a concern.

Nov 8, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #9 of 13
The ER 6i's have a very small barrel/nozzle. It could no doubt fit in the very very tightest part of my ear canal, so it should be fine for you. They also are small on the body and isolate well.

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dude you missed what he said. He is not talking about the size of the iem itself he is talking about the tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back