IEM's specifically for off road mountain biking
Mar 14, 2020 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bio-Rhythm

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Shopping for some IEM's specifically for off road mountain biking that have low external air resistance (e.g.,less protruding.i.e, sticking out) & decent isolation so as to dampen down wind noise. I listen to EDM so I'd like an IEM that is well regarded for it's bass response. Budget £200 ($250).

Thanks

Mar 14, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi,

Shopping for some IEM's specifically for off road mountain biking that have low external air resistance (e.g.,less protruding.i.e, sticking out) & decent isolation so as to dampen down wind noise. I listen to EDM so I'd like an IEM that is well regarded for it's bass response. Budget £200 ($250).

Thanks
I use Bose SoundSport (the wired wireless ones) when on my bike. With the right tip/fin I think they're brilliant.
The bass is great for me with the large tips (I was really disappointed with 'em on first listen but changing the tips made a huge difference).
The wired version suits because they can hang round your neck if need to stop.
The sound and connection is excellent (iPhone XS).
I got them quite wet on a recent ride - they 'beeped' to let me know. I thought they were dead - but a few hours in some rice and they were fine.
My rides are usually a couple of hours, five times a week or so, and I charge them after each ride, so I'm not sure what the battery life is like. But I've used them that often for over a year and they are as good as ever.
They block out sound dependent on the volume. I know you are thinking about off road cycling (I'm mainly road these days) but I think these give you just enough awareness of your surroundings.
Good luck finding something, and enjoy your riding

Mar 14, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 3
I know you are thinking about off road cycling (I'm mainly road these days) but I think these give you just enough awareness of your surroundings.
Good luck finding something, and enjoy your riding

Hi & thanks for the reply. I will be using them on traffic free tracks so sound isolation won't be a safety issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back